The Student Room Group

HND Business Management Question

I'm studying... HND Business Management

I'm interested in... I'm taking a HND course and I was wondering what is the process of it? Because it says work-related, does that mean I will be doing a placement? and when? Please HELP:frown:
Original post by vulawain20
I'm studying... HND Business Management

I'm interested in... I'm taking a HND course and I was wondering what is the process of it? Because it says work-related, does that mean I will be doing a placement? and when? Please HELP:frown:

Hello and welcome to TSR!! :smile:

I should be able to answer your question, my dad did a HND years ago and told me bits about it:

A HND is what we call a "vocational course", ie it's designed to give you the skills and abilities to work in a certain vocation/career route. It does so, because it relies more on the application of these skills rather than the theory behind the processes (as you might find in a university degree). This is what it means by being work-related.

I do not think that a placement is an option, although it might be possible if you are doing the HND part-time.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you very much for replying and I understand a HND more now. I chose to do a HND just quite recently and wasn't sure if I made the right decision.. but Thank you for explaining it more detailed. Oh I see, well I'll be doing it Full-Time. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest