The Student Room Group

I think I have dyslexia.

I think I have dyslexia im not sure what to do in terms of getting a diagnosis ect and weather I even need a dignosis.

I have done a couple on online tests and each came back high.

Any body else been in this position?

Thank you

Feeling very lost

:frown:
Online tests are highly inaccurate so don't dwell too much on it. What are your symptoms of Dyslexia?

Also if you need a diagnosis the best way is to go to either your GP or your optition who will then recommend you to a proper diagnosis optitions, however, diagnosis can often be costly depending on your age/circumstances.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thankyou, and mostly my spelling and grammar I nearly died writing my dissertation I knew exactly what I wanted to say but struggled to put it in paper. Luckily I got a good grade. I also strugle to read complicated things have to re read and someimes reread again. I often spell the same words wrong each time. I feel its affecting me when I apply for jobs just silly mistakes. Im left fealing embarrased when someone corrects my terrible spelling lol. Thats why I work with computers so the computer can help me hehe.
Are you in school? College or uni? My college picked up my dyslexia (very very late mind you ._.) And when I applied for uni I had to go to a meeting about what I might need. Now im getting a laptop and a printer and software to help with essays and stuff.
If you think you might be dyslexic tell someone about it and aske them to get tested. Because if you are it will help alot.
Original post by LouieSax
What are your symptoms of Dyslexia?

Just look at his spelling and punctuation...
Original post by Nkosazana
Are you in school? College or uni? My college picked up my dyslexia (very very late mind you ._.) And when I applied for uni I had to go to a meeting about what I might need. Now im getting a laptop and a printer and software to help with essays and stuff.
If you think you might be dyslexic tell someone about it and aske them to get tested. Because if you are it will help alot.

Just finished uni, ive thought it for a while but didnt really have anyone or no anyone to talk to about it with.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Just look at his spelling and punctuation...

HER!
The test will cost you about £500 from a educational psychologist. Though if you do have dyslexia its worth getting it confirmed as you can get stuff when you go to uni you will also be allowed to get extra time and possibly a laptop in exams.
Thanks peeps.

Quick Reply

Latest