Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen my gcses, but am now consedering taking art.

Im ok at art but do really like it. I will work hard but if im not that good i wont get a good mark and i want really good marks for my gcses.

Instead of taking

History, Drama, Art (Drama with all my friends and ppl hoo i like)

Should i take

Drama, Classic civ, Histor (Drama with the teacher and ppl who im not comfortable with.)

Im very good at writing and essay based subjects and i want to get into a good uni - will art let med down! Im soooooooooo confused. :confused:

Thanx alot 0 looking forward to ur replies.

ReputationRep:
    I really need some advice - please

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t37480.html

strange sense of deja-vu

One bad GCSE wont affect your chances at all in life unless you want to do something art related (architecture/art/graphic design).

Just go with your instinct (whatever that is) and do what you enjoy whilst you can.

ps: Dont even take what your friends are doing into account. Lessons are for learning in so it doesnt really matter what they are doing. Even if you are in a class without your friends you will make new ones + wont get distracted by them anyway.

I suppose its kind of important at that age (was for me too). But by the end of your GCSE's you will see it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Do art! It was so much fun for GCSE

ReputationRep:
    is it hard 2 get a gd mark

ReputationRep:
    My experiance from GCSE art is that, to get a good mark you need to:

1. Do a lot of written work, mentioning what you are doing andy why
    2. Do a lot of pictures in lots of different mediums
    3. Be able do draw to a good standard, and have a lot of creativity

That's only in my experiance though (got an 'A')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    I have chosen my gcses, but am now consedering taking art.

Im ok at art but do really like it. I will work hard but if im not that good i wont get a good mark and i want really good marks for my gcses.

Instead of taking

History, Drama, Art (Drama with all my friends and ppl hoo i like)

Should i take

Drama, Classic civ, Histor (Drama with the teacher and ppl who im not comfortable with.)

Im very good at writing and essay based subjects and i want to get into a good uni - will art let med down! Im soooooooooo confused. :confused:

Thanx alot 0 looking forward to ur replies.
    hey arts a good gcse to take...cos u got loads of others gcse's to rely on.
    its gud fun...and the choices u make for ure college choices will go towards uni placetents really...and they like a bit of creativity!

ReputationRep:
    I ended up taking art at GCSE because I thought i would enjoy it but it was nothing like I expected- I think about half the marks are for doing artist studies and explaining how you are developing your ideas and you get really random themes to follow, its not so much on how good you are at the actual subject- a few people I know who are complete geniuses at art still only got A's. Having said that I think it would be best to talk to people at your school already taking it to see if you think you'd enjoy it. it is probably the most time consuming of any GCSE becasue fo the amount of coursework- I found that to keep up with my other subjects i had to get behind in it. still, it is only one subject so wont count that much if you do badly so long as your other grades are good. do you know wich uni and course you want to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, medicine or classic archeology and ancirnt history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    is it hard 2 get a gd mark
    It's relatively easy to get an A providing you woek and don't doss around the whole two years (like a lot of people I know did). However, it's hard to get an A*. You have to get 97%. My mate (who is absolutely brilliant at art) got 95% and that's only an A

ReputationRep:
    i did art, i was meant to do geography but my changed my mind at the last minute and don't regret it at all. i did a lot of work over the 2 years and its the only gcse (with the possible exeption of french) where i actually felt challenged by the course instead of just doing no work. it's only one subject, do something you'll enjoy.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    It's relatively easy to get an A providing you woek and don't doss around the whole two years (like a lot of people I know did). However, it's hard to get an A*. You have to get 97%. My mate (who is absolutely brilliant at art) got 95% and that's only an A
    !!!!!!! My art teacher (the head of art) told my parents that she was pinning all her hopes on me getting an A*!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about pressure! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    !!!!!!! My art teacher (the head of art) told my parents that she was pinning all her hopes on me getting an A*!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about pressure! :eek:
    Lol, don't let me put you off. I'm sure you have a good chance of getting an A* if you're good at art which your teacher obviously thinks you are.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.