The Student Room Group

Jack Wills recruitment evening

I've been asked to attend one of these evenings but have no idea how to prepare myself! What kind of things do they ask you etc? Thank you!
Original post by ElloALivesley
I've been asked to attend one of these evenings but have no idea how to prepare myself! What kind of things do they ask you etc? Thank you!

I would assume it's your standard retail employment questions really - so things like:

1) what do you know about the company?
2) tell us about yourself
3) what do you think you'd bring to the store team?
4) in scenario X, what would be the best course of action to take and why?
5) availability to work?

I haven't worked for the company in question, but in my 4 retail interviews over the years, these are the questions I find most regular :smile:

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by MalteseMalteser
I would assume it's your standard retail employment questions really - so things like:

1) what do you know about the company?
2) tell us about yourself
3) what do you think you'd bring to the store team?
4) in scenario X, what would be the best course of action to take and why?
5) availability to work?

I haven't worked for the company in question, but in my 4 retail interviews over the years, these are the questions I find most regular :smile:

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you so much! That's really helpful :smile:
I presume you've since been to the event. What did you wear? They said "dress appropriately", so does that mean wear a suit or wear as much jack wills merchandise as is possible?
Reply 4
I work at jack wills!!
Okay so they'll first ask you to introduce yourself and a fun fact or something like that. Then a few role play activities (given a senario choose an outfit and present to the group) and if they like you, you'll get a pretty informal one on one interview!
I wore zero jack wills items, just a white shirt and grey jumper with black jeans and Chelsea boots and had my hair down and wavy (dont over do the whole bird nest hair or wear allll jack wills, show your own style!) guys wore like a shirt blazer/jumper and chinos or jeans.
Don't be overly loud or cocky, you might have an amazing CV but if they feel like you'd be annoying to work with then you won't get asked for an interview!
Hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending