The Student Room Group

Will LvG be a success, or will Man U struggle?

Loving how Man U fans are saying how LvG is going to waltz into the PL and bring the trophy back to Old Traddord. It'll be the first come he has ever took charge of in The PL, what makes you think he'll make an instant impact so great it'll over throw the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and city???

Besides a couple of average players, and a new manager, Manure haven't really done anything in the transfer window ..

My top 4 predictions are:

Man Citeh
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal

Same as last year.

Manure will end up 8th
Lord Van God would not approve of this thread.

1/10
Reply 2
Yeah we have a lot of stupid and annoying fans.

Sorry about them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manchester United
Lord Van God would not approve of this thread.

1/10

He wouldn't approve of your delusions either ...
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
He wouldn't approve of your delusions either ...

0.5/10
Original post by Manchester United
0.5/10

We'll see about that come the end of this season ...
Even though this is an obvious troll thread i'll leave it open as it poses a legitimate question.

Nobody is suggesting we'll win the league, it's just a relief to finally have a competent manager again. I don't get why Liverpool fans are struggling to grasp this concept when they felt exactly the same way after Hodgson was sacked.
Reply 7
I'm quite fearful of MU this season. I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't make top four this season, between themselves, Liverpool and Arsenal.
Reply 8
He'll be a short-term success - but he needs to give Giggs confidence to become a world-class coach to be considered a long-term saviour.

He will certainly get United back on track. The man has unshakable self-belief. Brilliant feature on him in FourFourTwo this month - and that's coming from a Liverpool fan!
I'm expecting a full blown ''United meltdown thread'' on here when we first drop points! I don't expect us to win our first 6 games, Burnley and Leicester away in particular are potential banana skins. However if we could manage to do it, it would be absolutely vital given the fact that there are so many big games at the start of the season. Before we play Everton in October the current top four have some tough games:

Liverpool - Man City (A) Spurs (A) Everton (H)
Arsenal - Everton (A) Man City (H) Spurs (H)
Chelsea - Everton (A) Man City (A)
Man City - Liverpool (H) Arsenal (A) Chelsea (H)

Would be such a huge boost if we could get some early season morale going and get an early lead on even one of these teams.
Original post by sr90
I'm expecting a full blown ''United meltdown thread'' on here when we first drop points! I don't expect us to win our first 6 games, Burnley and Leicester away in particular are potential banana skins. However if we could manage to do it, it would be absolutely vital given the fact that there are so many big games at the start of the season. Before we play Everton in October the current top four have some tough games:

Liverpool - Man City (A) Spurs (A) Everton (H)
Arsenal - Everton (A) Man City (H) Spurs (H)
Chelsea - Everton (A) Man City (A)
Man City - Liverpool (H) Arsenal (A) Chelsea (H)

Would be such a huge boost if we could get some early season morale going and get an early lead on even one of these teams.

*if
Reply 11
The fact you think Liverpool will finish above arsenal AND chelsea again shows how delusional you are.
Liverpool without Suarez will collapse this season and i see Manchester united bouncing back but not winning...

Quick Reply

Latest