The Student Room Group

I'm dumb and GCSEs are approaching!

So I'm pretty stupid, but I try super hard at school. This annoys me as there are people in my class who don't study and get in the 90s, and I work my ass of yet I only get in the 60s.
I want to go to a good university and I know that depends on my GCSE and A level results. My GCSEs are in a year, what should I do? I am terrible at remembering things and I don't want to destroy my future because of how stupid I am.
Reply 1
Original post by Sambunneh171
So I'm pretty stupid, but I try super hard at school. This annoys me as there are people in my class who don't study and get in the 90s, and I work my ass of yet I only get in the 60s.
I want to go to a good university and I know that depends on my GCSE and A level results. My GCSEs are in a year, what should I do? I am terrible at remembering things and I don't want to destroy my future because of how stupid I am.

Make good notes and revise starting early. Also do lots of past papers.

Just because you don't get good marks it doesn't mean you're dumb. :knuddel:

Hello Sambunneh171

Everybody has something they are good at and something they are not good at. If you forget things then is probably best you get a diary and start making notes. Since your GCSEs are in one year time then it is best you start revising for it and start looking University courses that are of interest to you, then Make all the necessary inquiries you need to start.

What course are you interested in? Have a look at this website. www.salford.ac.uk/clearing OR call us at 0161 295 0080 . We are here to help and please feel free to come back to us if anything is not very clear to you.

Don't think like that :console: It won't help :no: I'm guessing you're going into Year 11? Remember, you still have time for improvement! Don't compare yourself to others :redface: (this is advice I actually got myself not long ago :smile:) You can't be completely certain that they're not revising, they made do, at home, but lie about it or don't talk about it?

You seem to have motivation to study which is a key to success as it will help you improve! Don't feel put down by getting bad results, I've been in the position myself and I regret worrying about it so much, I shouldn't have because I knew what to do to improve and didn't do so which I was annoyed at myself about. Figure out the problem you have and try and fix it :yep:

You say you can't remember stuff easily? Maybe it's the revision technique that you use? How do you revise? Try other ways of revising? Perhaps you can tell me your subjects and I can send you some links to help you with your studies?

Finally, remember to stay on top of your work, try not to fall behind (it's not a nice position to be in from experience, i regret the lack of work i put into stuff) do your homework and if you don't understand anything, ask your teacher or someone else who may know

I you ever feel like it's getting too much for you, take a break (it's good to take little breaks!) do something you enjoy like reading, gaming, drawing.. to relieve stress

Hope that helps :h:
Original post by helllakittykatt
omggg me too my brain just doesnt take in information even when i revise for hours!!!!!!

6 year old thread!

Maybe try different methods of revising, the one you're using may not be right for you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by RoyalSheepy
6 year old thread!

Maybe try different methods of revising, the one you're using may not be right for you.

ive tried soo many and i will understand at that moment but as soon as i do the test i forget everything

Latest