The Student Room Group

Interview in Cambridge vs overseas

If I were to be interviewed overseas (face to face at their appointed countries), would there be any disadvantages as opposed to an interview in Cambridge? I do have the feeling that I would be disadvantaged as the college/DoS might have not met me in person and would only receive second hand information/account from their counterparts.

In other threads in TSR and on other forums, the general consensus is similar to the above reasoning.

However, the replies to my enquiries to colleges seem to suggest that there is minimal disadvantage compared to being interviewed in Cambridge. I just want to be reassured that people do get into Cambridge through an overseas interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SkatyBoy
If I were to be interviewed overseas (face to face at their appointed countries), would there be any disadvantages as opposed to an interview in Cambridge? I do have the feeling that I would be disadvantaged as the college/DoS might have not met me in person and would only receive second hand information/account from their counterparts.

In other threads in TSR and on other forums, the general consensus is similar to the above reasoning.

However, the replies to my enquiries to colleges seem to suggest that there is minimal disadvantage compared to being interviewed in Cambridge. I just want to be reassured that people do get into Cambridge through an overseas interview.

Bumping this for you.

I'd have thought you should not be at a large disadvantage, maybe a small amount as you can't woo the specific people and impress them but if you impress the interviewer enough they'll pass on the feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending