University of Bath Freshers Week - Important information about wristbands Watch

IRBath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
To help new students settle into University life, the University of Bath Students' Union organises a series of events known as Freshers' Week. This runs from the weekend of your arrival until Sunday 28th September.
Visit the Freshers' Week website to find out more at www.BathStudent.com/freshers2014/
Join us on facebook (Facebook.com/BathFreshers14) or twitter (BathFreshers14) to meet other students in your accommodation, on your programme or who share your interests.

To gain unrestricted access to the University of Bath Students' Union Freshers' Week events you will need to purchase one of the official SU Freshers' Week wristbands.
SU Freshers' Week wristbands go on sale in early September and are only available through the Students' Union website www.BathStudent.com/freshers2014/
To buy a wristband you must have first completed the University's online registration process(ROL)

Beware of imitation wristbands which you may see for sale online. These are not endorsed by the Students' Union and will not gain you entry to Freshers' Week events organised by the Students' Union.
University of Bath Students' Union Freshers' Week wristbands will be on sale exclusively through the Students' Union website from early September.
If you have any questions about Freshers' Week, please do get in contact with the Students' Union by emailing us at [email protected].'
RibenaRockstar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got in trouble for saying this in an official Freshers' Week group last year, so I'll say it here: Look at the costs of the events. If you don't want to go 'out out' every night, it may work out better for you to pay on entry for the events you do want to go to.
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RibenaRockstar)
I got in trouble for saying this in an official Freshers' Week group last year, so I'll say it here: Look at the costs of the events. If you don't want to go 'out out' every night, it may work out better for you to pay on entry for the events you do want to go to.
I agree with this, but having the wristband does mean you know you're guaranteed entry and won't have to spend hours in a queue on the nights you do want to go to, plus it gives you the flexibility to be able to change your mind, depending on what other people are doing.
RibenaRockstar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Damask-)
I agree with this, but having the wristband does mean you know you're guaranteed entry and won't have to spend hours in a queue on the nights you do want to go to, plus it gives you the flexibility to be able to change your mind, depending on what other people are doing.
Oh, totally. And I know they're putting more 'non-clubbing' space into the event area this year, so it might be more worth it. I took the cash and spent it on TV box sets instead.
Alien41
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I was thinking this. But I have heard that without a wristband you have to wait in line for ages. Is this true? Plus it would be easier to budget with a wristband asci know it's £60 for the whole thing and can do what I please. Without I'd have to stick to a very rigid plan so I don't spend to much which doesn't sound fun...
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alien41)
Yeah I was thinking this. But I have heard that without a wristband you have to wait in line for ages. Is this true?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. I'm not representing the uni in any official capacity so this isn't me trying to endorse the wristband, but last year at the main events, people were queueing for well over an hour and often more to buy tickets (not all of them were successful as there were just so many people) while anyone with a wristband could stroll past the line, wait about 10/15 minutes for their band to be checked and walk straight in. Even though I didn't go out every night, I still considered it a good investment.
IRBath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Damask-)
Yes. I'm not representing the uni in any official capacity so this isn't me trying to endorse the wristband, but last year at the main events, people were queueing for well over an hour and often more to buy tickets (not all of them were successful as there were just so many people) while anyone with a wristband could stroll past the line, wait about 10/15 minutes for their band to be checked and walk straight in. Even though I didn't go out every night, I still considered it a good investment.
If you buy a wristband you are guaranteed entry to all events. The only people who had to wait were those who didn't buy a wristband.
My post was to make new students aware that the official SU/University wristbands are not on sale until early September and not to think that those wristbands on sale at the moment would get you entry to SU events. If anyone has any questions please email [email protected].ac.uk and we can get an answer to you asap.
RibenaRockstar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alien41)
Yeah I was thinking this. But I have heard that without a wristband you have to wait in line for ages. Is this true? Plus it would be easier to budget with a wristband asci know it's £60 for the whole thing and can do what I please. Without I'd have to stick to a very rigid plan so I don't spend to much which doesn't sound fun...
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you know you want to go out most nights or you think you might want to, then absolutely do get it. But don't feel like you have to if you're not into that, is all I'm saying
Alien41
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you know you want to go out most nights or you think you might want to, then absolutely do get it. But don't feel like you have to if you're not into that, is all I'm saying
Cool thanks! It's nice to hear a different opinion. I'd never even considered this before you mentioned. I'll make a proper decision when the proper list of events comes out...but thanks
BlueStrawberries
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can you go to the main events/other nights without having a wristband? If so, do you pay more than people with the select wristband? Because I don't get the advantages of buying the yellow select one instead of not buying one and then spontaneously going to events? Can someone please help me out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 6 November 2019, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 1 April 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 1 Apr '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads