The Student Room Group

Youtube downloader?

Hi everyone.

Here's the issue. I have a HTC One M8 and I tend to watch a lot of youtube videos when I am out and about, this takes up A LOT of data.

The solution for me would be to download the youtube videos to my phone before I leave the house on my Wi-Fi, therefore I will not exceed my monthly data allowance.

I used to have a jailbroken iPhone, there was an app called ProTuber which let me do this easily. However I have not yet found an app similar to this on android and I feel as if I've looked EVERYWHERE! :frown:

Does anyone know of or have a solution?

Original post by Walkaah
Hi everyone.

Here's the issue. I have a HTC One M8 and I tend to watch a lot of youtube videos when I am out and about, this takes up A LOT of data.

The solution for me would be to download the youtube videos to my phone before I leave the house on my Wi-Fi, therefore I will not exceed my monthly data allowance.

I used to have a jailbroken iPhone, there was an app called ProTuber which let me do this easily. However I have not yet found an app similar to this on android and I feel as if I've looked EVERYWHERE! :frown:

Hey, Walkaah. You can search google for a YouTube downloader, so many freewares are online now. And maybe you would suffer another problem, if the downloaded videos' format can't be supported by your iPhone, you need to use video format converter to convert the file format. Also freeware to convert video file format are available. Good luck, and have a good out and about.
Reply 2
Original post by AimeeVivian
Hey, Walkaah. You can search google for a YouTube downloader, so many freewares are online now. And maybe you would suffer another problem, if the downloaded videos' format can't be supported by your iPhone, you need to use video format converter to convert the file format. Also freeware to convert video file format are available. Good luck, and have a good out and about.

thanks for replying but your points given haven't helped. I cannot believe there isn't a simple app on android that SIMPLY lets me download youtube videos. I don't want to be doing this whole lengthy process of downloading it on the PC then copying it over blah blah blah aint nobody got time fo dat!
Original post by Walkaah
thanks for replying but your points given haven't helped. I cannot believe there isn't a simple app on android that SIMPLY lets me download youtube videos. I don't want to be doing this whole lengthy process of downloading it on the PC then copying it over blah blah blah aint nobody got time fo dat!

Use the watch later feature built in to YouTube? It's not the most reliable thing, and you'll need a data connection to start watching it, but the video will be stored on your phone.
Reply 4
Original post by mikeyd85
Use the watch later feature built in to YouTube? It's not the most reliable thing, and you'll need a data connection to start watching it, but the video will be stored on your phone.

thanks for the advice, I have upgraded my 4G allowance now so all should be fine :wink:
Original post by Walkaah
Hi everyone.

Use the app Tubemate, I find it really useful and the UI is quite nice and simple to use.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending