Revision everyday for top grades?

Watch
basham97
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was just wondering if it's necessary to revise everyday (around 30 minutes a day per AS subject) to get AAA or A*A*A*?

I have only one method of studying and it's simply listening to my written notes while reading them, any other methods would be appreciated also

Wahid-r
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by basham97)
I was just wondering if it's necessary to revise everyday (around 30 minutes a day per AS subject) to get AAA or A*A*A*?

I have only one method of studying and it's simply listening to my written notes while reading them, any other methods would be appreciated also
I wouldn't say it's necessary but as long as it doesn't feel like too much then it can't hurt.
My suggestion is to read around what you're studying, don't stick to the syllabus. Write probing questions on your notes, research the questions or ask your teacher. Learn to enjoy what you're learning by delving deeper and you'll find it a lot easier.
basham97
Rep:
(Original post by Wahid-r)
I wouldn't say it's necessary but as long as it doesn't feel like too much then it can't hurt.
My suggestion is to read around what you're studying, don't stick to the syllabus. Write probing questions on your notes, research the questions or ask your teacher. Learn to enjoy what you're learning by delving deeper and you'll find it a lot easier.
I am doing subjects at college of - Geography, History, Law and Politics.

What is your recommended way of studying these heavy humanity-based subjects?
Wahid-r
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by basham97)
I am doing subjects at college of - Geography, History, Law and Politics.

What is your recommended way of studying these heavy humanity-based subjects?
I did A level philosophy in one year. I studied AS in my own time whilst studying A2 with the class. I found it relatively easy because I read around what I was studying. I was passionate about what I was learning. Since these subjects are about argumentation, I always kept in mind the opposing view. Sometimes I wrote my argument in a view opposing mine. My knowledge of the subject went beyond A level because I was asking deeper questions.
Take a critical approach of your work, be your own opponent in an argument.
basham97
Rep:
(Original post by Wahid-r)
I did A level philosophy in one year. I studied AS in my own time whilst studying A2 with the class. I found it relatively easy because I read around what I was studying. I was passionate about what I was learning. Since these subjects are about argumentation, I always kept in mind the opposing view. Sometimes I wrote my argument in a view opposing mine. My knowledge of the subject went beyond A level because I was asking deeper questions.
Take a critical approach of your work, be your own opponent in an argument.
Thank you very much for your answer
jimbo007
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Try different styles, maybe watch videos on YouTube for your subject ( I used YouTube videos for economics revision). Maybe even set up your own A-level videos on YouTube for the subjects you take- teaching Is meant to be a great way of learning and you help other people while your at it! You will obviously have to work very hard to get top grades, I'd say if you do a bit each day all year you'll be able to master the spec and then running up to exams work on past papers. Make sure you don't overwork yourself- remember these are some of the best years of your life so enjoy them!
basham97
Rep:
(Original post by jimbo007)
Try different styles, maybe watch videos on YouTube for your subject ( I used YouTube videos for economics revision). Maybe even set up your own A-level videos on YouTube for the subjects you take- teaching Is meant to be a great way of learning and you help other people while your at it! You will obviously have to work very hard to get top grades, I'd say if you do a bit each day all year you'll be able to master the spec and then running up to exams work on past papers. Make sure you don't overwork yourself- remember these are some of the best years of your life so enjoy them!
Thank you for your answer I'll consider making videos :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads