The Student Room Group

Delete

(edited 9 years ago)
Add: Religious Education is compulsory in all schools
Reason: Teaches people tolerance, respect and understanding for the world around them. I think it's very necessary, especially in the UK - such a diverse country with many cultures.

Remove: doing Higher maths as compulsory
Reason: The vast majority of people will never need to know practically any of the stuff covered in Higher Mathematics. It should be optional.
Reply 2
I would make A Levels 6 exams throughout the year for exam subjecy
Geography : Add sections of Geology such as more volcanoes and tsunamis !!
Reason : They are awsome!!!!!

Remove: Spanish
Reason : Spanish sucks.
Geography: remove everything about rivers

English: add more shakespeare
Reply 5
English literature
Remove: the subject

Physics
Add: More detail. The velocity, pressure, density all these things are not really enough physics and aren't interesting. Nuclear physics and electricity parts were somewhat interesting so add more of those.

Biology
Add: Tell me what the reaction is and how the fudge it triggers a certain response. Not just memorising what it does.

Maths
Add: challenging questions

History
Remove: depth study paper (paper 4 CIE). I'd definitely get A* if there weren't paper 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no compulsory subjects beyond basic english comprehension and functional arithmetic

maths - more proofs, more rigorous explanations (e.g. derivation of quadratic formula)

science - less topics but more detailed, dimensional analysis, more experiments

dt - more making and less reports

ict - more programming/comp sci, introduction to binary/comp logic

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JanitaTwain
Geography: remove everything about rivers

English: add more shakespeare

My friend you are meandering from the point of this thread!
Add: more options in music to play certain instruments/pieces

Add: more about space and the solar system in physics as opposed to always learning about magnets and electricity, we should know where we are and what's around us out there!

Remove: If I had it my way I would take out English all together! But being reasonable I would remove poems from English
Reason: all the skills used in analysing poems are used in analysing books; we don't gain anything extra from it and we have to learn about 15 poems to only answer a question on 1! (For OCR anyway)
Reply 9
Add: More computing and programming into GCSE ICT
Reason: I cant do anything useful with my laptop :tongue:

Remove: English literature
Reason: Extremely boring, cannot see any use anyone will ever have for it, could have done something useful. We just make guesses at what the author means when they could clearly mean what they specifically wrote.
Original post by Strom
My friend you are meandering from the point of this thread!

Hahahaha.

Quick Reply

Latest