The Student Room Group

University Reputations for Physics

What universities are considered to have good physics departments? Especially in the quality of undergraduate teaching?

I have a few unis which I tend to think of, but I have absolutely no idea why, so if someone could give me a better list that would be great.
Original post by lerjj
What universities are considered to have good physics departments? Especially in the quality of undergraduate teaching?

I have a few unis which I tend to think of, but I have absolutely no idea why, so if someone could give me a better list that would be great.

I found a league table for you. :smile:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Physics%20%26%20Astronomy

But also, i know people that went to uni "down in the 20s" and are now doing PhDs at Oxford/Cambridge so i don't think it really matters.
When you hit that link, remember that the two most important things, really, are the research assessment and graduate prospects (and name of the Uni).

Ignore the entry requirements and take the student satisfaction with a pinch of salt.
Reply 3
Original post by Motorbiker
I found a league table for you. :smile:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Physics%20%26%20Astronomy

But also, i know people that went to uni "down in the 20s" and are now doing PhDs at Oxford/Cambridge so i don't think it really matters.

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for this! I know your uni doesn't make a massive difference, but I may as well start by looking at unis which are supposedly better (then if I don't like them start looking at others obviously :smile:)
Original post by lerjj
Sorry for the late reply, thanks for this! I know your uni doesn't make a massive difference, but I may as well start by looking at unis which are supposedly better (then if I don't like them start looking at others obviously :smile:)

No worries i'm just happy to help... :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending