The Student Room Group

A2 Art Personal Study

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me to answer a few questions I have in relation to the essay/ personal study we have to do for A2 Art (Im following Edexcel if you need to know)

I know I want o do my topic around the theme of 'beauty/ aethetics'
I don't quite understand how the title is meant to be structured, I saw a few online and they all seem to be something like "(artist) compared to (artist)" or a specific time in history and discussing about art then. They seem to be really specific and Im not sure if Im doing mine correctly.
so far I have come up with this 'Kalology: The study of sensory emotional values in relation to the human form'.

I have started looking into artists such as Brett Williams, Cara Thayer & Louie Van Patten, Jenny Saville and Alex Kanevsky. These are just a few examples, I think I am going to concentrate on painting nude/ skin. If not portraits of people who are thought to be ugly when they are pretty (if that makes sense).

My teacher hasn't given us much info and its summer so they haven't been replying. We need to have the first 300 words of the essay completed by the first lesson + several sketches etc. I don't understand what Im meant to write about.

I cant find any relevant sources on the internet or an exemplar ones. Any links will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest