First Car - Vauxhall Astra

Watch
DanKS
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
We've been looking for a card for the last few weeks and I think i've found the right one.

Is the price ok? My dads friend owns a garage so we took him with us and he said its in great condition and he also test drove it as well as me

Vauxhall Astra Life Twinport 06, 82k miles, £2275 which includes Tax and MOT renewal

£2100 without.

vimto39
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, that's a very good price for the car, especially if a mechanic thinks it's in reasonable shape. Tax for that model is £180 for 12 months, so tax and MOT for £175 is okay. You could perhaps try and haggle the seller down to include the VED and MOT for £2100 if you saw fit.

At the end of the day; price of the car is okay, you've test driven it and think it's okay, a mechanic has looked at it and thinks it's okay - the decision now lies with whether you actually want that particular model.
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is this a 1.4 or 1.6 engine?

If you are happy with it and the mechanic says it is a good car then as a first car it isn't a bad one.

Never particularly liked this model of Astras as I found the seats to be uncomfortable.
DanKS
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Alfissti)
Is this a 1.4 or 1.6 engine?

If you are happy with it and the mechanic says it is a good car then as a first car it isn't a bad one.

Never particularly liked this model of Astras as I found the seats to be uncomfortable.
It's 1.6

Originally priced around £2495 i believe, managed to haggle down to £2100, incl MOT. £175 and they renewed Tax as well and included 30 days any driver insurance as well. As my birthday is next month, insurance drops even more (didn't look into this before I paid deposit but yeah)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (35)
15.84%
I'm not sure (8)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (80)
36.2%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (94)
42.53%

Watched Threads