The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Exeter take little time to reply and with your grades you should certainly receive an offer. I really wanted to put down cardiff as a choice, I absolutely loved the city and the school when i went to visit it, but teacher told me to put down QMUL as it was rising in reputation
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 581
Original post by aaron133
ah right, what subjects are you doing and what are you predicted?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics - Predicted A*(Maths)AAA for the rest haha you ?
Original post by wendlabergmann
I've applied for English, anybody heard back from them?

Me too, not heard anything yet though :frown:
Original post by shannenallen
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics - Predicted A*(Maths)AAA for the rest haha you ?

Biology, Psychology, Law and AS Chemistry - A*A*B(bio) and A (chem)
Reply 584
Biology, Psychology, Law and AS Chemistry - A*A*B(bio) and A (chem)

yeah i was going to be predicted an A* in chemistry but i didnt want the universities to assume i'll actually get it and might give me a higher offer so i told the teacher not to hahah :colondollar: overall yours looks pretty good!
Original post by shannenallen
yeah i was going to be predicted an A* in chemistry but i didnt want the universities to assume i'll actually get it and might give me a higher offer so i told the teacher not to hahah :colondollar: overall yours looks pretty good!

I wish I wasn't predicted those grades, because I'm probably not going to get them haha
Original post by grammar12
Me too, not heard anything yet though :frown:

I know they interview in Jan and Feb, so I'm wondering when they'll start inviting people. I hate waiting. :bebored:
That's probably why then, I'm only doing 1 'hard science' - biology. I'm doing psychology and AS chemistry though, so thought that would have been enough for an offer of ABB. Are you picking it as your firm choice?

Yeah that makes sense, hmm that's true. I think it may be my insurance, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hadukilami
:awesome: What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

A*AA, the A* prediction being in Biology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 589
Has anyone recieved any offers for English yet!?
Original post by rachwilko03
Yes! Applied on the 8th of October and heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I applied on the 12th October- no response. I think they will wait till 15th January so they can decide from all of the applications. Where else have you applied, if I may ask, out of curiosity?
Original post by egray09
Yes! I applied last week, still haven't heard anything!

Same! I applied on the 12th October- no response. I think they will wait till 15th January so they can decide from all of the applications. Where else have you applied, if I may ask, out of curiosity?
Reply 592
Original post by navmirza

Hopefully they'll reply soon! I applied on the 20th and I don't think I can wait that long! Leeds, Exeter, Cardiff and Liverpool - I've only got an offer from Liverpool so far.
Original post by LJDRx
Has anyone recieved any offers for English yet!?

you won't receive English offers until you've had invitations to interview, which will usually happen in the January to February period. English is very competitive at Warwick, so they interview their prospective candidates.
Reply 594
Sent off my application about 1 week ago and just received an offer for PAIS :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595
Sent my application 20/10/14 and got an offer for BA Politics yesterday :biggrin:

Any other offer holders for straight Politics?

Good Luck everyone!
Original post by Age
Sent my application 20/10/14 and got an offer for BA Politics yesterday :biggrin:

Any other offer holders for straight Politics?

Good Luck everyone!

Original post by bhpla
Sent off my application about 1 week ago and just received an offer for PAIS :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done :smile:
Reply 597
Original post by mnina19
you won't receive English offers until you've had invitations to interview, which will usually happen in the January to February period. English is very competitive at Warwick, so they interview their prospective candidates.

Ah okay thank you. However I was reading on the English departments website that many of their offers this year will be made without an interview!

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/english/applying/undergraduate/faqs/#interview
Reply 598
Received my offer a few hours ago :biggrin:
Original post by meeeeee7
Yeah that makes sense, hmm that's true. I think it may be my insurance, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure yet. I don't think I'll accept my offer. if I get an offer from Bradford for foundation medicine, I'll pick that as my firm and Leeds as my insurance. If not, I think I'm going to pick Surrey as my fir and Northumbria as my insurance because they're both accredited by the IBMS, whereas Wawrick's Biomed science isn't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending