The Student Room Group

What time do you wake up at Uni?

Poll

What time do you get get up?

So, having finished my first year living the true freshers style of of going out on a Monday night then hitting snooze too many times to count on the Tuesday morning and before you know it missed 2 lectures.

Therefore, going into second year hoping to get more of a routine as studies become more important. So I was wondering what do people consider a reasonable time to get up?
In time to have food and get to lectures...
Reasonable - I think is in time to get to your lectures?

But mine varied from 7:30 am to 1pm depending on how useful the lecturer was.
We all have that one lecturer who emphasis how important it is to come to lecturers and all they do is read off the powerpoint :mad: More annoying when you actually got out of bed for it
Reply 3
If I don't have any morning lectures then probably midday not going to lie. This was quite frequent in second year. Even for a 9AM I'd only get up at 8AM...
6am everyday I have to go for lecture, because of poor bus times
Reply 5
Original post by Code Carnivore
6am everyday I have to go for lecture, because of poor bus times

Woah that's insane. Are you living at home? How far is your uni?
An hour before the lecture is due to start.
Reply 7
Original post by Kre

I have to get up at 5:30 am every day. Lectures start 6:30 am and finish around 7:00pm
Half an hour before lecture? Maybe a little longer. Roll out of bed, get ready, ride my bike in. Doesn't take long. I don't eat breakfast so that saves time.
Seeing these early times being posted by people is making me nervous. I was looking forward to not having to wake up at 7am anymore! Why are some people's lectures so damn early? haha
Reply 10
Sorry, What?? 6.30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
3pm at the earliest maybe :/
Reply 12
Depends when the first lecture is. 7 at the earliest for 9 start, maybe 11 at the latest for afternoon/no lectures.
The working day for 90% of the population starts at 9am. But really, you are an adult, do you really need people to tell you when to get out of bed?? :wink:
Reply 14
What universities do you all go to with such insane lecture times. :lolwut:

Our lectures start from 9AM and the latest they can finish is 7PM, but most of the time 6PM.
Original post by Ladybird23
The working day for 90% of the population starts at 9am. But really, you are an adult, do you really need people to tell you when to get out of bed?? :wink:

Operative word, working day. We're students. If you're unlucky you have a few 9am starts a week, many people have 10ams or later. Depending on course load.
Original post by Kre

It takes about an hour from the bus to university (Nottingham (near Clifton) to ntu-Br, but not all the buses go the required distance
First year (on campus) I'd aim for an hour before lectures start (I shower in the morning) so any time from 7am to 11am whereas second year (off campus) I'd have to allow an hour for buses as well as showering so 6am-10am. Those are the times I'd aim for, anyway. I'm back on campus this year so at least I get more sleep.
Reply 18
If I have a work shift then around 4.30am. Go for a run, breakfast, get to work for 6.30, finish by 8.30 in time to shower and get to lectures. Without work then around 7am as I have 9-5 lectures/labs everyday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
An hour before lectures begin!

Quick Reply

Latest