Turn on thread page Beta

Bloody driving watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here felt particularly shite after a driving lesson/test? I'm on my 11th lesson and my instructor acts as if it's unnnatural for me to be making so many mistakes, Even if it is, I'm not sure if it justifies him constantly using the words rubbish and terrible. He made me so nervous I ended up trying to change the gear without pressing on the clutch. Are most instructors impatient, pushy and nastily critical or is it just me who's stuck with him?

ReputationRep:
    change instructors if you don't like his style- find yourself someone more encouraging. a girl i work with is on her 11th instructor! and remember no one can be as bad at driving as me.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    change instructors if you don't like his style- find yourself someone more encouraging. a girl i work with is on her 11th instructor! and remember no one can be as bad at driving as me.

lou xxx
    I am sure I must be worse.

I hate driving too but it wasn't really to with the intructor as he was quite patient as specialy considering amount of near misses I had.

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    Lol, how many lessons have you had? Trust me I'm a unique brand of driver, my instructor has to tell me exactly what to do otherwise I'll completely mess up. I've never been a practical person, guess that means I never will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    Lol, how many lessons have you had? Trust me I'm a unique brand of driver, my instructor has to tell me exactly what to do otherwise I'll completely mess up. I've never been a practical person, guess that means I never will
    oh at least a million. i started on my 17th birthday, i was 18 last week, i dont particularly like it and really can't be bothered so kind of go through phases of not having any lessons for like a month then carry on again. am nearly there though.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i really wouldn't worry about it at this stage, you've only had 11 lessons, you're bound not to be great, you just need more practice. if your instructor is really pissing you off then i'd suggest that you change and find someone who you like. it's not fair that you're instructor makes you nervous while driving, maybe you should ask him to stop being so critical. good luck with driving

ReputationRep:
    oh at least a million. i started on my 17th birthday, i was 18 last week, i dont particularly like it and really can't be bothered so kind of go through phases of not having any lessons for like a month then carry on again. am nearly there though.

lou xxx
    Hope it all goes well-do u know I'm feeling a lot better x x x

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    thats what I basicaly did. I started when I was 17 carried on till I was 19, canceled it for a year, had 6 more lessons when I was 20 then gave up. I am 21.5 and still haven't passed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here felt particularly shite after a driving lesson/test? I'm on my 11th lesson and my instructor acts as if it's unnnatural for me to be making so many mistakes, Even if it is, I'm not sure if it justifies him constantly using the words rubbish and terrible. He made me so nervous I ended up trying to change the gear without pressing on the clutch. Are most instructors impatient, pushy and nastily critical or is it just me who's stuck with him?
    my parents insured me in their brand new fiesta zetec just recently - ( for practice - i havent passed my test yet ) and it's a lot better having your parent in the car with you - especially if they have knowledge in that area

the driving test = sucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    thats what I basicaly did. I started when I was 17 carried on till I was 19, canceled it for a year, had 6 more lessons when I was 20 then gave up. I am 21.5 and still haven't passed.
    What u doing wrong? With me, he says I'm to slow changing gears, and checking to see if road's clear, and tells me I'm ''too wide'' (yaaaawn)

ReputationRep:
    too* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What u doing wrong? With me, he says I'm to slow changing gears, and checking to see if road's clear, and tells me I'm ''too wide'' (yaaaawn)
    how many tests you taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa)
    how many tests you taken?
    None-only on my 11th lesson. But instructor already completely hates my guts! He doesn't explain anything properly just sarcastically takes the piss and makes me really paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    None-only on my 11th lesson. But instructor already completely hates my guts! He doesn't explain anything properly just sarcastically takes the piss and makes me really paranoid.
    tell him to **** off

ReputationRep:
    if you think he's a **** get another instructor.

ReputationRep:
    well I went through 3 instructors before I found one I could get on with.
    Just stick at the driving and look at changing the instructor.
    Dont unless your parents are incredibly patient try learning in the family car. It only provokes rows.
    I passed about a year ago and I kept quitting and starting because I had impatient instructors and it took me over 5 years of a few lessons here and there to pass. I finally found a brilliant instructor who was patient confident and confidence building and passed. I used to be a nervous driver but can get myself around ok and havent had an accident yet (touch wood).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    well I went through 3 instructors before I found one I could get on with.
    Just stick at the driving and look at changing the instructor.
    Dont unless your parents are incredibly patient try learning in the family car. It only provokes rows.
    I passed about a year ago and I kept quitting and starting because I had impatient instructors and it took me over 5 years of a few lessons here and there to pass. I finally found a brilliant instructor who was patient confident and confidence building and passed. I used to be a nervous driver but can get myself around ok and havent had an accident yet (touch wood).
    The worst thing is though that he has a brilliant reputation round here, so I feel that he must be singling me out for being an exceptionally bad pupil. If it gets any worse I probably will change him, but I have to go through with another 10 lessons yet-I've already played the block charge and I don't think he does refunds.

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing is though that he has a brilliant reputation round here, so I feel that he must be singling me out for being an exceptionally bad pupil. If it gets any worse I probably will change him, but I have to go through with another 10 lessons yet-I've already played the block charge and I don't think he does refunds.
    what kind of things are you messing up on?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't doing anything wrong, but I wasn't making progress good enough for test standard either. I made one step foward and two steps back. I did have a test booked but had to cancel it due to stress.

ReputationRep:
    Bugger that tell him that you dont feel you are getting on with him and have a chat about what you feel is going wrong and what you need to work on. You pay for the lessons afterall he should be giving you what you need.
    I ditched my first driving instructor because a. she was a ***** and b. she kept being on her mobile whilst I was driving through town which used to make me feel really nervous that she wasnt paying attention and wouldnt be on the dual controls if I needed her.
    I did attempt to talk to her about my progress before I ditched her though, if he isnt interested in discussing your progress properly ask him for a refund because he isnt providing an adequate service.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.