Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fat people are smelly and lazy. Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Hmm.....good one!

Well, I'm sure we can't speak for all fat people. I'm sure there are some very hardworking fat people who smell divinely.

However, in my experience, fat people do have tendency to idle, and a reluctance to shower. In this respect, and for risk of generalizing, they are both lazy and smelly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Hmm.....good one!

Well, I'm sure we can't speak for all fat people. I'm sure there are some very hardworking fat people who smell divinely.

However, in my experience, fat people do have tendency to idle, and a reluctance to shower. In this respect, and for risk of generalizing, they are both lazy and smelly.
    Yeah, obviously people have strong views about this!! If you were really fat and showered regularly, you'd still smell a bit because the sweat will get stuck in the rolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Yeah, obviously people have strong views about this!! If you were really fat and showered regularly, you'd still smell a bit because the sweat will get stuck in the rolls.
    I agree. In addition, with more of a fleshy body there are obviously more pores through which that sweaty BO smell can excrete itself. It stands to reason that regardless of showers fat folks will inevitably smell ugly after even the most gentle physical excertion.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. In addition, with more of a fleshy body there are obviously more pores through which that sweaty BO smell can excrete itself. It stands to reason that regardless of showers fat folks will inevitably smell ugly after even the most gentle physical excertion.
    They obviously eat more food than thinnies too, which would mean they eat more onions and smelly foods, making them smell a bit more. Not sure about the laziness thing - there are a lot of thin people that are lazy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    They obviously eat more food than thinnies too, which would mean they eat more onions and smelly foods, making them smell a bit more. Not sure about the laziness thing - there are a lot of thin people that are lazy too.
    There are lazy thin people as well. But, if you are a huge tub of lard that needs a crane to lift you out of bed each morning you're more likely to be lazy than a thinny. IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's right that the fire brigade are called to life huge fat people out of their houses? (the fat people's houses, not the firemens houses). I think people should be stopped from getting that fat in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do you think it's right that the fire brigade are called to life huge fat people out of their houses? (the fat people's houses, not the firemens houses).
    Not at all! Why O why O why O why should a fireman risk his life trying to unjam a 400Ib fattie from a bath tub when he could be helping to save a kitten stuck up a tree or retrieving the mayor's hat that a strong gust of wind blew into the clocktower.

ReputationRep:
    helping to save a kitten stuck up a tree or retrieving the mayor's hat that a strong gust of wind blew into the clocktower.
    All worthwhile activities for any self-respecting fireman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Tiddly)
    Please be joking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Tiddly)
    My knowledge of firefighting only extends to hazy childhood recollections of Trumpton I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Please be joking...
    Of course I'm joking! But a fireman in a small village is going to have a lot more time on his hands than one in the middle of London, say. Plus there's probably more call for rescuing kittens up trees in a village than in London. In London they just get squished.

ReputationRep:
    People who are over weight can be so due to a glandual disorder and therefore it is not their fault. Also not all fat people are lazy, churchill was overweight and he was a great man. Fat people can make good contributions to society and they don't all smell bad, there are lots of thin people who smell.

ReputationRep:
    You're showing your age there Howard.

I think it depends on how fat is fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    You're showing your age there Howard.
    Yes, I suppose I am. Don't kids watch Trumpton anymore? I suppose not.

ReputationRep:
    I used to watch fireman sam

ReputationRep:
    Was this thread perhaps inspired by Little Britain - "One thing that drags Britain down is fat people. They take up space, they're rude, and in summer they smell"?

Not my personal opinion, but just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    I watched it, but I had The CHildren's Channel because we got sky free by mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    There is evidence that the increased use of fructose instead of sucrose as a sweetener is connected with the increase in obesity over the last few years. Humans cannot detect and react to fructose in large amounts. Google to check.

ReputationRep:
    my ex-maths teacher is a vegetarian and he was quite big at the same time. he's not lazy as he is a teacher. he's quite intelligent and has many qualifications... he showers loads and he never appeared smelly.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.