Celtic reinstated in CL

Watch
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Celtic have been reinstated to the Champions League after Legia Warsaw were kicked out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player.

Legia won the third qualifying round tie 6-1 on aggregate but brought on Bartosz Bereszynski in the second leg, while he was supposed to be suspended.

As a result Celtic were handed a 3-0 'walkover' win for the second leg, taking them through on away goals.

Legia won the first leg 4-1 and the second 2-0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28701951

What a lifeline! You imagine Legia will appeal since Bereszynski was on the pitch for all of 2 minutes and the result was beyond doubt.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
What a lifeline! You imagine Legia will appeal since Bereszynski was on the pitch for all of 2 minutes and the result was beyond doubt.
If I were a Celtic fan i'd be beyond embarassed. What a joke.

I bet you they get the worst possible team in the next round and ease through :laugh:
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
If I were a Celtic fan i'd be beyond embarassed. What a joke.

I bet you they get the worst possible team in the next round and ease through :laugh:
Well it's worth a lot of money so they probably won't care. Although they do have to get through the next round first - amazing how weak the "champions route" is compared to the "league route"
Numberwang
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 minutes this player was on the pitch, 2 minutes!
Shabalala
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's the Celtic way always playing the victim, always cheated never defeated, they got the same thing happen to them a few years ago when Sion FC fielded an illegible player, Celtic should be embarrassed that they have got through like that they have no shame.
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sion fielded five ineligible players against Celtic, Legia just one. So surely Legia can just be fined and they won't do it again
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Celtic's whole existence is for the CL group stage, so I doubt any of them will be embarrassed.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Should have been a fine.

I really hate Celtic by the way.
jam278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Respect Celtic. This is too funny.

(Original post by Mackay)
Celtic's whole existence is for the CL group stage, so I doubt any of them will be embarrassed.
:rofl:
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Come on Maribor beat them once and for all!
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Excellent.

Best fans in the UK, although they'll be battered :laugh:
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahhh the good old days of Celtic with Nakamura....

Times has really changed!
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If Legia Warsaw can best Celtic 6-1, imagine what teams like MC, RM and Barca will do to them. UEFA's decision could actually hold some comedic value to us. Shame about all the money involved, Celtic don't deserve a penny. They've been selling off their best players for years now - Wanyama, Hooper, Samaras, etc. Scottish football is just appalling,
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Excellent.

:confused:
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
:confused:
Make the most noise, create a genuinely awe inspiring atmosphere( LOL at Liverpool fans' Anfield 'CL nights' in comparison :rolleyes:) and have a good sense of humour. A ridiculous number of pubs in London are Celtic heavy and often chatted to Celtic fans in them.

Couldnt care less about their political opinions, lol at the people who expect them to respect the British army after it spent decades butchering innocent people in Northern Ireland hiding behind a uniform. And I'm 99% sure Celtic fans have nothing against me personally because I'm English, or at least the ones I've met.
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Too bad for Berg. Celtic were clearly outclassed and don't deserve to be in the next round. The game was already over, so it's pretty pointless to credit Celtic an auto 3-0 win.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Make the most noise, create a genuinely awe inspiring atmosphere( LOL at Liverpool fans' Anfield 'CL nights' in comparison :rolleyes:) and have a good sense of humour. A ridiculous number of pubs in London are Celtic heavy and often chatted to Celtic fans in them.

Couldnt care less about their political opinions, lol at the people who expect them to respect the British army after it spent decades butchering innocent people in Northern Ireland hiding behind a uniform. And I'm 99% sure Celtic fans have nothing against me personally because I'm English, or at least the ones I've met.
They are up for it on CL nights so what, pretty sure most teams can make noise against Barcelona at home.
RYAN1872
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was 10 years old i went to a old firm game and got spat it with loads of celtic fans #scotlandshame
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Excellent.

Of course their home support is going to seem outstanding compared to English teams, because none of the prawn sandwich eaters, corporates, johnny come latelys and tourists care about the one horse race that is the SPL. Ticket prices are affordable and your average supporter can get a ticket. If they were in the Premier League their stadium would be full of those types just like Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool et al.

When you compare it to away support, the Green Brigade isn't much different from what you'll see from Arsenal, United, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Everton etc. Put any of them in a dead league and i'm sure their atmosphere will increase tenfold too. It's easy to back your team knowing that 9 times out of 10 they win just by turning up.
Jordooooom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Even rangers had a higher attendance than most of the premier league teams when they were in the third division lol. The support isn't even comparable.

But anyway this is an absolute farce. The player hardly effected the result so to kick them out is harsh IMO.

Celtic are a complete joke.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed