Ilovemaths96
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
what has been hardest paper for an a level maths and/or further maths module? From all exam boards. Not interested in statistics papers
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
mechanics 3 mei, its not even the hardest module but the paper was somethin else imo.
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
mechanics 3 mei, its not even the hardest module but the paper was somethin else imo.
cool ,i'll have a look
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
what has been hardest paper for an a level maths and/or further maths module? From all exam boards. Not interested in statistics papers
newblood
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why arent you interested in statistics paper? I would have said one of the old MEI S5 papers or an S4 paper.

Perhaps this years MEI M4.
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
any others?
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
(Original post by newblood)
why arent you interested in statistics paper? I would have said one of the old MEI S5 papers or an S4 paper.

not a fan of stats
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?

is MEI hardest exam board?
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
which year was that again?
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
what about older exam papers?
ItTakesOneToKNow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Life and my belly

edit: srs reply probs C4 and M3 the rest are bosss
newblood
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ilovemaths96)
is MEI hardest exam board?
I think it is widely agreed that it is...especially for the later (i.e. anything further maths and above) modules
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
(Original post by ItTakesOneToKNow)
Life and my belly

edit: srs reply probs C4 and M3 the rest are bosss
would you mind elaborating on that?
newblood
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No it wasnt. I sat that paper. First two questions were standard. 3rd q was standard and last part u had to use workenergy principle..basic m2 stuff (you are expected to be able to recall previous modules)

Last question had a lot of algebra in it but the actual integration was not hard....and the actual content of it was one of the easiest ive seen (the toppling scenario very simple)
Kim-Jong-Illest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No it wasnt. I sat that paper. First two questions were standard. 3rd q was standard and last part u had to use workenergy principle..basic m2 stuff (you are expected to be able to recall previous modules)

Last question had a lot of algebra in it but the actual integration was not hard....and the actual content of it was one of the easiest ive seen (the toppling scenario very simple)
thought OP meant hardest one we sat this summer. All the rest of the papers were straight forward (FP1/2/3 D.E), M3 was the hardest one.
newblood
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
thought OP meant hardest one we sat this summer. All the rest of the papers were straight forward (FP1/2/3 D.E), M3 was the hardest one.
You thought fp3 was standard? I assume you didnt do differential geometry. And i am talking about this summers mei m3 paper...it was a hard paper but nowhere near hardest.

I sat 10 mei modules this summer...only ones i thought were harder than normal were FP3, M4 and S4 (depends a bit on what options you learnt)
Wilsoncw1997
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
FP3 imo
Kim-Jong-Illest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You thought fp3 was standard? I assume you didnt do differential geometry. And i am talking about this summers mei m3 paper...it was a hard paper but nowhere near hardest.

I sat 10 mei modules this summer...only ones i thought were harder than normal were FP3, M4 and S4 (depends a bit on what options you learnt)
Markhov chains was one of the easiest i've come across (nothing tricky that hasn't already been tested), Vectors was as predictable as always. Multivariable calculus was the only one that was above average difficulty, and that was mainly because of trying to get algebra to work out. Never learnt differential geometry, but I heard that groups was one of the easier questions too. FP3 papers are never extremely hard, they always follow the same process, especially the vectors questions.

I dislike the applied sections so thats why I probably found it harder than usual, ran out of time too (the re-arranging on the integration one took me ages) so didnt have enough time to simplify the last question or properly check my asnwers. I also found the modelling oscillations one harder than usual.
newblood
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Markhov chains was one of the easiest i've come across (nothing tricky that hasn't already been tested), Vectors was as upredictable as always. Multivariable calculus was the only one that was above average difficulty, and that was mainly because of trying to get algebra to work out. Never learnt differential geometry, but I heard that groups was one of the easier questions too. FP3 papers are never extremely hard, they always follow the same process, especially the vectors questions.

I dislike the applied sections so thats why I probably found it harder than usual, ran out of time too (the re-arranging on the integration one took me ages) so didnt have enough time to simplify the last question or properly check my asnwers. I also found the modelling oscillations one harder than usual.
Vectors was standard. Multivariable calculus was standard. Differential geometry was much much harder than usual....completely different to any paper

There was a discussion thread on here where everyone said groups was quite tricky and i heard markov chains was easy.
Ilovemaths96
Rep:
?
how about from previous years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads