Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i tried to do my own henna tattoo on my arm & i think i mixed up the paste funny because it ran down my arm & really stank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashmi)
    i tried to do my own henna tattoo on my arm & i think i mixed up the paste funny because it ran down my arm & really stank.
    eek, has it stained your arm?

ReputationRep:
    a little. i am hoping it will fade though. its awful. and it went on all gungy and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Please explain what a henna tattoo is

ReputationRep:
    henna is like a temporary sort of dye. its made from plants & you make it up into a paste & make designs & stuff! voila!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    henna website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It's a very nice relaxant as well....but smells a bit..

ReputationRep:
    and now my arm completely reeks! the tattoo was supposed to be my version of barbed wire but it didnt quite work out.

ReputationRep:
    Not much help now, but can't you buy pre-mixed henna in a sort of cone thing?

You can in Tooting, but then there's a big Asian community there.

ReputationRep:
    a pumice stone and some intensive face wash should get rid of the tattoo. just scrub at it like mad. and next time, just get a real one instead

ReputationRep:
    you'll jus have to wear long sleeved the entire sumer, shame the sun only just started to show itself today, have you tried scrubbing real hard

ReputationRep:
    I use the ready mixed in a cone. But I practiced on my feet before I dared do my hand.

Fifi53 I'm not sure it would come off with scrubbing, it actually dyes the skin. I had both my hands done for a friend's wedding and that stayed on for about 2 weeks. That's with hand washing, cooking, cleaning etc.

But there again it does go really dark on me. My friend who was getting married spent most of the day dabbing her hands and feet with lemon juice to darken it, mine was only on until it dried and then I had to rub it off because I had to drive. Anyway at the wedding the next day mine was much darhker than hers - lots of comments about who's mother in law loved who best.

ReputationRep:
    ay itll work, it dyes the skin, and by using a pumice stone you are wearing down the layers of skin

ReputationRep:
    ya chicken get a real one like me hehehe i got one on me hip n its so sexy i love it...it was done over a yr ago but i still love it!!!!!!!! i feel hard as well now like i can handle some propa pain hehehe actually almost cried gettin it done!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    ya chicken get a real one like me hehehe i got one on me hip n its so sexy i love it...it was done over a yr ago but i still love it!!!!!!!! i feel hard as well now like i can handle some propa pain hehehe actually almost cried gettin it done!!!
    awww... i didn't think getting a tattoo hurt, and i had mine over my spine. it stung a lot but wasn't hugely painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    awww... i didn't think getting a tattoo hurt, and i had mine over my spine. it stung a lot but wasn't hugely painful
    it hurt me, three of us got it done (best mates for years) n one went first and she said it felt like a fountain pen, then the other went n she said it was a bit more than a pen i went and was like FFS IT BLOODY KILLS....they larfed at me as i lay there gettin it done!!!! :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    it hurt me, three of us got it done (best mates for years) n one went first and she said it felt like a fountain pen, then the other went n she said it was a bit more than a pen i went and was like FFS IT BLOODY KILLS....they larfed at me as i lay there gettin it done!!!! :eek: :mad:
    awww... but u i can see how it would be kinda funny

as for the henna tattoo, i think you'll just have to stick it out til it fades in about 6 weeks (i think)

ReputationRep:
    lol....
    sorry, shouldn't laugh at your misfortune...
    But, real tattoos scare me.

ReputationRep:
    and now my arm completely reeks! the tattoo was supposed to be my version of barbed wire but it didnt quite work out.
    To get rid of it quicker, have a long soak then put baby oil on your arm while it is wet. Next day have a soak and exfoliate your arm using sea salt, apply some moisturiser.
    Its the best exfoliator and the salts help reduce the appearance of the tattoo (but on the downside it helps dry out your arm).

Hope this works

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.