The Student Room Group

Social interaction UK.

Anyone else feel that, perhaps especially in the UK compared to some countries, it is really difficult to meet women if you don't have a social circle, people to go out drinking with.

I don't have a social circle who do these things and going up to girls when out in town almost seems... wrong... because of social stigma.

What I mean by that is, because of how people are socially, it feels as if, if you go up to a girl at a bar or anything then they will literally just instantly think you are hitting on them, possibility with having a one night stand in mind....
It feels as if you are suddenly under pressure and if she is with other female friends (which 99% of the time girls seem to be when out) people just seem paranoid of you because you are not with a bunch of friends yourself. It makes it so hard to meet friends and especially girls because of this.
In my opinion, it's not wrong at all. As a girl, I would be more than flattered if I was out in town and someone came up to me and started chatting. Unless you do some extremely bold moves to suggest a one night stand, I doubt anyone would try to think otherwise...

Be confident and friendly, and if you get rejected it's not the end of the world. It's one girl who was clearly brought up with stranger danger in her head, or she could have a boyfriend. You never know.
Reply 2
What countries are you making a comparison with? Admittedly the UK does seem a bit fixated with going out and getting hammered to cop off, but wherever you go it's about being attractive and confident in looks and demeanour.. No excuses, get out there and if a girl likes you and you ask her out the answer will be yes.
Reply 3
hmmm interesting because I always got the impression that for a girl, to have a random guy coming up to you in a bar might make you feel awkward. I'm not interested in one night stands and all of that personally, I am interested in finding a partner... But going out on the town just doesn't seem right for that it seems like just forcing things.

It is difficult for me because basically I am very non judgmental and always friendly to everyone, also don't really know what I want in a partner due to lack of experience. It is almost as if any attractive girl would do because I don't have the company of anyone most of the time. (So yes I guess I am a bit of a loner) I would just really like to find someone to do things with and be with you know, but I just feel like going out on the town to find a girl for a date is forcing the issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending