The Student Room Group

Exams

Hi, I am really stressed about my exam results, to be honest I'm not academic at all I struggle with maths most of all some how it just does compute in my head. I feel I have been let down by my maths teachers, starting in year seven I wasn't the best pupil and I had one teacher mr anonymous I didn't like him at all and he didn't like me, as I transitioned into year eight I had mr anonymous again anyway this year I tried really hard I did all of my homework and everything but mr anonymous didn't notice, challenge me or try to get me exited about maths!! So I gave up and reverted back to just doing the bare minimum through to year nine where I had another teacher mr blah he didn't like me either. I feel that these two teachers had made their mind up about me and they kind of gave up trying to get through to me which intern made me give up. In year 10 and 11 these two teachers fused groups so that we had alternate teachers, so Monday it would be mr blah Tuesday mr anonymous Wednesday mr blah and so on..... This made it difficult for me because despite knuckling down for the the first year and a half they still dismissed it so again I gave up trying to be the 'perfect student' which lead to me being very stressed about passing my maths exams. I am so stressed that every time I think about them I cry doesn't matter if I'm out or it's the middle of the night I cry or I throw up its horrible and I don't know what to do!! Does anyone else feel like this? Thanks.
Reply 1
i'm super nervous about maths too as i feel that that is definitely my weakest subject and it always has been. i too have struggled in terms of trying to work hard etc as i have had a couple of extremely bad maths teachers which caused me to slack off, and then i ended up struggling even more with maths. at the start of year 10 i was on D grades and so obviously trying to work so hard throughout year 11 and revising in the run up to exams became very stressful because that C in maths is essential, but as i am doing psychology a-level i need a B so i had to push myself a lot and now i'm really stressed waiting for my results. every time i think of it i panic at the thought of not getting a C and i'd be so upset because in the end i did work really hard for it, a lot harder than most of my friends so i will just be so relieved when i receive those results! but i've been working on just calming myself down thinking, it's really not the end of the world if the results aren't that great. they're certainly not worth tears or making yourself ill. your health is far more important than grades so try and adopt a positive attitude, and think what will be will be, stressing won't help. try and just give yourself a confidence boost. tell yourself you're gonna get the maths results you want.

Quick Reply

Latest