A level options? Need help Watch

peanhead
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am thinking of doing sixth form, i enjoy textiles however i don't know what career to pursue. My favorite subjects are Textiles, English and PE, however the option of uni doesn't interest me therefore im not sure what career to pursue, in many thanks
LouieSax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by peanhead)
I am thinking of doing sixth form, i enjoy textiles however i don't know what career to pursue. My favorite subjects are Textiles, English and PE, however the option of uni doesn't interest me therefore im not sure what career to pursue, in many thanks
Hi! The best thing I can suggest for you, is before you pick your A Level Options to have a proper sit down and consider possible careers. Write down all the things you are interested in e.g. textiles etc. and where you could see yourself working in a few years. Consider what you are good at, what sort of personality type you have and your interests. Once you have considered all these options do some research and find out jobs/careers which may be in the same path and may interest you.

Alternatively, instead of considering doing those subjects at university have you ever considered doing something related to those subjects? For instance, if you are into P.E prehaps something fitness related such as sports science, coaching, Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy.

Or, in terms of English or textiles you could become a teacher or something related (don't know much about the careers involved in these subjects). Spend some time, looking through university websites to see what courses are available, and as I mentioned above consider your personality, interests and what you are good at and work around that.

Alternatively, if that does not work and you are still unsure of what career/A Levels to take, don't fret, I'd say 90% of people in my year group entering college to study A Levels had no idea what they wanted/want to do. Prehaps the best option is to take the subjects you enjoy and see where they take you. Alternatively, you could take a GAP year before attending college (a few people in shcool with me did this) to get a job and arrange some work experience to see what you are truly interested in!

Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads