What films do you recommend?

Watch this thread
insertwittyname.
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
That you think everyone should see.
Fashion Girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I think everyone in their lifetime should most definetly watch "The Way We Were" - I still didn't get over it ! It's a classic romantic drama really not a romantic comedy although I do love many of those...except the ones with SJP in them...makes Fast and the Furious 6 look like gold! I guess Family Guy was right bout her face...:lolwut:
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
My top ten that I recommend -

1. The Green Mile
2. The Exorcist
3. American Psycho
4. Downfall
5. Misery
6. The Wicker Man (the original)
7. In The Name of the Father
8. Vertigo
9. V for Vendetta
10. The Shawshank Redemption

Posted from TSR Mobile
bertstare
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Relatively unknown but a sick movie. Lots of great scenes. One of the rare occasions where Cage actually comes across as a good actor
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Persepolis
Amelie
Rear Window
Mr Smith Goes to Washington
Beetlejuice
Downfall
The History Boys
Almost Famous
Groundhog Day
Idiocracy
VinnicombeDmv
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm not really sure if I'd recommend these, but here's my Top 5 list:

1. The Thomas Crown Affair (1999 version)
2. Bella Mafia
3. Love Actually
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
5. 8 Women
Stemcpike
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Space Jam

Posted from TSR Mobile
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by VinnicombeDmv)
I'm not really sure if I'd recommend these, but here's my Top 5 list:

1. The Thomas Crown Affair (1999 version)
2. Bella Mafia
3. Love Actually
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
5. 8 Women
The Thomas Crown Affair makes your top 5?! I saw it recently, it was average at best.
JayJay-C19
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
1. The Hunger Games (both)
2. Harry Potter (all)
3. Law Abiding Citizen
4. Boys Don't Cry
5. Brokeback Mountain
6. Borstal Boy
7. The Lord of the Rings (all)
8. The History Boys
9. The Shawshank Redemption
10. The Book Thief
11. Schnidler's List
12. The Diary of Anne Frank
13. Matilda
14. Bend It Like Beckham
15. Annie
16. Oliver
17. Billy Elliot
18. Van Helsing
Stinkum
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Expendables 1
Expendables 2
Expendables 3
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
matilda
madeline
bend it like beckham

These films may be old now but they are legends.
problems33
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
My all time favourite film. I watch it every year on my birthday lol.

Jamie73
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hours
Olympus has fallen
Dawn of the planet of the apes
ConnorRed
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The breakfast club
happysmile
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
My top ten list: (not in any particular order)

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Roman Holiday
Life of Pi
Of Mice and Men
Titanic
Life is Beautiful
Home Alone
Mr Bean's Holiday
Sleepless in Seattle
Forrest Gump
OohBurn
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Spirited Away
Inglorious Basterds
Edward Scissorhands
Supervolcano
Django Unchained
Pirates of the Caribbean
Inception
The Looper
ApeMob
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
-Raid: Redemption 2011, directed by Gareth Evans, lead role: Iko Uwais. It's the best action/martial arts film I've seen and I'm a kung fu-classic nerd.

-Wuthering Heights, directed by Andrea Arnold, lead role: Solomon Graves/James Howson. It's a modern remake of the Emily Bronte classic, and Heathcliffe is a black boy instead.

-City of God, it's a Brazilian film about life in favelas/slums of Rio. Based on true story, just all too good :ahee:

hmmmm

-Once Were Warriors. It's about life for a lower class family of the natives of New Zealand, slumming it pretty much and like the father is abusive, the oldest son is in a gang, the middle son is taken to welfare and finds himself at a boys school, the oldest daughter is...can't say...if you do watch it Critics rated it 4/4. Same for the others except Wuthering Heights (3/4) now that I think about it :awesome:

-Rabbit Proof Fence: About Abby/Aboriginal girls from AU, true story, taken in early 20th century from their land and homes and forced to live in missionary boarding school. The oldest daughter of a trio of girls leads the way on foot back to their reservation. It took them months to walk over 1000 miles. :coma: Kenneth Branagh plays the guy who started the whole imperialism thing. Real name of real man is Mr. Neville. Google it it pops right up. Auber Octavius Neville. They called him Mr. Devil :mmm:

-Babel 2005: With Brad Pitt. Greatly produced film, 4/4. It's about how all these stories of people from Morocco, LA, Mexico and Japan alll come together perfectly allll surrounding the bullet of a Moroccan boy :nutcase:

Well that's it so far.
subjunctivehistorian
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
East is East
Bend it like Beckham
Slumdog Millionaire
Schindler's List
THE HISTORY BOYS
The Kite Runner
Mick.w
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
sunday
michael collins
come and see
leon
la haine
animal kingdom
american history x
the big lebowski
rope
gladiator
the seige
the departed
sexy beast
snatch
training day
office space
terminator 2
matrix
bus 174
fight club
romeo must die
silence of the lambs
kill list
consequence of love
crouching tiger hidden dragon
planet terror
redemption
psycho
apocalypse now
escape from new york
die hard
die hard with vengeance
alien
castaway
narc
ninth gate
requiem for a dream
monsoon wedding
tehFrance
Badges: 17
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ukip72)
The Thomas Crown Affair makes your top 5?! I saw it recently, it was average at best.
What makes it "average at best"? It's a great film about art and relationships
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads