This discussion is closed.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
I'm not religious.

lol.. that was exactley the same thing that the Help the Children rep said at our school about other charities, claiming that his was the exception.
Well I'm not either but I catholic charities would be a good bet if you wanted to run for a REAL charity.

Not true at all. Their Chief Exec is on around 200k and that isn't even his main job, his main job will pay in the region if around 500k. They also have what can only be described as beggars that work for them which hassle people in city centres for direct debit payments. Charities like these need to be shut down, they defeat the object of charity.
Elle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Well I'm not either but I catholic charities would be a good bet if you wanted to run for a REAL charity.

Not true at all. Their Chief Exec is on around 200k and that isn't even his main job, his main job will pay in the region if around 500k. They also have what can only be described as beggars that work for them which hassle people in city centres for direct debit payments. Charities like these need to be shut down, they defeat the object of charity.
That's why I wanted to support a smaller charity. Thanks for the advice, but I oppose a lot of Catholic beliefs- I'd rather try to find one without any religous tags.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
lol- nice excuse!
Also if it's raining it'd be really miserable.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
That's why I wanted to support a smaller charity. Thanks for the advice, but I oppose a lot of Catholic beliefs- I'd rather try to find one without any religous tags.
What beliefs? You will find that there will be a branch of the catholic church which follows your beliefs closer than others. I am personally not religious, but the fact is catholic morals are good ones, just some of them are a little out dated, and as expected when the current pope dies, there will be alterations to get up to speed with the modern world...
Elle
Rep:
?
What beliefs? You will find that there will be a branch of the catholic church which follows your beliefs closer than others. I am personally not religious, but the fact is catholic morals are good ones, just some of them are a little out dated, and as expected when the current pope dies, there will be alterations to get up to speed with the modern world...
Catholics hold mainly conservative morals. I'm probably as far away from conservative as there is.
Elle
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Also if it's raining it'd be really miserable.
...and you wouldn't want to mess up your hair right? lol j/k
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
...and you wouldn't want to mess up your hair right? lol j/k
Yeah, it'd frizz
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Catholics hold mainly conservative morals. I'm probably as far away from conservative as there is.
Well no they don't. Like I said when the current pope dies expect some very big reforms. Some of the most important Catholics in the world taught me, they are rather easy going on matters of sex et al. But of course, it is up to you, I'm sure there is a goof charity out there which doesn't pay people 200k to turn up to a meeting once a month!!!
Elle
Rep:
?
Well no they don't. Like I said when the current pope dies expect some very big reforms. Some of the most important Catholics in the world taught me, they are rather easy going on matters of sex et al. But of course, it is up to you, I'm sure there is a goof charity out there which doesn't pay people 200k to turn up to a meeting once a month!!!
I was generalising but I hope your right
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.73%
Confident (31)
12.3%
Indifferent (43)
17.06%
Unsure (67)
26.59%
Worried (89)
35.32%

Watched Threads