Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I'm not religious.

lol.. that was exactley the same thing that the Help the Children rep said at our school about other charities, claiming that his was the exception.
    Well I'm not either but I catholic charities would be a good bet if you wanted to run for a REAL charity.

Not true at all. Their Chief Exec is on around 200k and that isn't even his main job, his main job will pay in the region if around 500k. They also have what can only be described as beggars that work for them which hassle people in city centres for direct debit payments. Charities like these need to be shut down, they defeat the object of charity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Well I'm not either but I catholic charities would be a good bet if you wanted to run for a REAL charity.

Not true at all. Their Chief Exec is on around 200k and that isn't even his main job, his main job will pay in the region if around 500k. They also have what can only be described as beggars that work for them which hassle people in city centres for direct debit payments. Charities like these need to be shut down, they defeat the object of charity.
    That's why I wanted to support a smaller charity. Thanks for the advice, but I oppose a lot of Catholic beliefs- I'd rather try to find one without any religous tags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    lol- nice excuse!
    Also if it's raining it'd be really miserable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    That's why I wanted to support a smaller charity. Thanks for the advice, but I oppose a lot of Catholic beliefs- I'd rather try to find one without any religous tags.
    What beliefs? You will find that there will be a branch of the catholic church which follows your beliefs closer than others. I am personally not religious, but the fact is catholic morals are good ones, just some of them are a little out dated, and as expected when the current pope dies, there will be alterations to get up to speed with the modern world...

ReputationRep:
    What beliefs? You will find that there will be a branch of the catholic church which follows your beliefs closer than others. I am personally not religious, but the fact is catholic morals are good ones, just some of them are a little out dated, and as expected when the current pope dies, there will be alterations to get up to speed with the modern world...
    Catholics hold mainly conservative morals. I'm probably as far away from conservative as there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Also if it's raining it'd be really miserable.
    ...and you wouldn't want to mess up your hair right? lol j/k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    ...and you wouldn't want to mess up your hair right? lol j/k
    Yeah, it'd frizz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Catholics hold mainly conservative morals. I'm probably as far away from conservative as there is.
    Well no they don't. Like I said when the current pope dies expect some very big reforms. Some of the most important Catholics in the world taught me, they are rather easy going on matters of sex et al. But of course, it is up to you, I'm sure there is a goof charity out there which doesn't pay people 200k to turn up to a meeting once a month!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well no they don't. Like I said when the current pope dies expect some very big reforms. Some of the most important Catholics in the world taught me, they are rather easy going on matters of sex et al. But of course, it is up to you, I'm sure there is a goof charity out there which doesn't pay people 200k to turn up to a meeting once a month!!!
    I was generalising but I hope your right

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.