The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

You should visit, you might like it. :P

So...erm..bikes at uni...yeh...that old can of worms..erm.....i'm taking one. Do you ride? I assume from your pic in your profile you're more of a driving girl.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
I have visited just the once, but that was to go see Imogen Heap at the Carling.

Bikes. I used to ride my bike everywhere, but I haven't been on it in some time. I love cycling but I wouldn't feel safe in Leeds.
I do indeed love to drive, but I won't have a car in Leeds so that sucks monkey balls :frown:
Gota love those monkey balls.

Yeh Leeds may be hectic but what i'm going to give it a try, biking that is.

City driving is a pain in the arse anyway. You in second year then?
Reply 23
Yeah I'm not fond of driving in Leeds, and I might try cycling if I didn't live 5 mins away.

Yup.
Now it appears you also have hijacked the thread.

Ironic yes? :smile:
Reply 25
I knew you'd say that, but no I haven't as my posts have all pertained to bikes :p:
Just going back to the whole "Leeds is bad for bikes" thing, today when I biked to Sheepscar to go to the ****ing post office sorting depot (gotta stop sleeping in when I have deliveries) I managed to go the wrong way down a one-way street. In my defence, it wasn't clearly marked and when I came around the corner onto it, it was completely empty. It was only when cars came towards me and I was like "Hmm, why is everyone overtaking? Wait a second...". So, er, yeah, be careful, kids. Not everyone has my lightning fast reflexes.
Reply 27
so is the general opinion that bikes and uni in leeds don't mix? because wanna take my bike to ride the trails n tracks in chesterfield n sheffield but at the same time don't wanna get it robbed?
Take it, just keep it in your room. You know how to take it apart yeah?

City riding is always a bit dangerous but if you keep your wits about you it isn't that hard.

I'm going to be organising some trips to Dalby trails if there isn't already a MTB club. Some brilliant trails there.
Reply 29
Pretty sure there is a MTB club.

Woo for chesterfield :p:
Apart from having a silly church spire and an average football club, remind me what's the 'woo' is for? :smile:

Niceone about the MTB club/society. Wahey.
Reply 31
Ooooi. The woo is for, actually I dunno. The only thing I like about it is how close it is to the countryside :p:
Reply 32
yeh chesterfield is good..especially the bmx track.

rich, i take it u ride then? all about going to trails..what sort of riding you do?
hey up,

Downhill mountain biking bud. An hours drive away from me (& Leeds) there is Dalby Forest (North Yorkshire Moors). It's wicked, got all sorts of grades of trail, from green, blue, red & black. Big trails too, the red/black is 22km. has an ace BMX track in the middle. Fully refurbished with a £4'000'000 grant.
It has a campsite (£6 a tent) and you can rent Konas for £15 a day. Discs both front and rear which comes in use!

Lol Enough of the advertising. Grew up next to hilly countryside so mainly downhill, wouldnt mind having a go at BMXing but don't have the facilities around here (East Yorks).

What about you mate?
Well i just got back from my first visit to leeds with 2 things, a kick ass house in headingley and the forboding thought that i may die going to and from uni on my bike...lol I wasnt expecting it to be so hilly, how very stupid of me!

im still taking it but if nothing else it should get me fit!

Ive noticed that people are nutters in their cars too , so going to uni in a quiet village like loughborough to a city, helmets are a must :wink:
Reply 35
oh rite qualty yeh i ride downhill aswell and dirt when feel like it
i dont ride bmx i just ride their tracks lol. don't kno what i'd do without riding which is why i'm desperate to take my bike up there. that dalby forest place sounds the nuts, be kool to get some sort of society together.

you already at leeds or you going there in september?
I'm starting in September.

Same here mate, i'm gona get a Halfords jobbie, use it for commuting and maybe any local trails.

A society would be cool. Leeds is pretty central so im sure there's some good trails about.

Defo bring your bike if you can!

Latest