The Student Room Group

How does it feel that universities already know your results?

Personally it makes me feel strange and anxious that such a big decision is being made without me knowing.

Scroll to see replies

i feel weird too.. it's such a piss-take having to wait 5 more days..omgggg.... this decision will make or break me :sigh:
Reply 2
Glad I'm not the only one thinking about this! It really bothers me that there's someone out there that knows my results and what decision has been made/is likely to be made and I'm still stuck waiting :mad:
Reply 3
Already? I thought it was on Sunday that they'd receive results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only inferior peasants get nervous for results day. Geniuses like me know their fate is inevitable - 4 A*s.
'Wow, they clearly messed up, NEXT!'
Reply 6
Original post by ArrogantGenius
Only inferior peasants get nervous for results day. Geniuses like me know their fate is inevitable - 4 A*s.

nah you made me laugh lool
Original post by shahbaz
Personally it makes me feel strange and anxious that such a big decision is being made without me knowing.

Would you prefer another, extended period of waiting after results day? Making it an even tighter turnaround to get ready for the start of a new university term in September? Would you prefer to have even less time to organise a place at a new university and somewhere to live? What would you have them do?
Reply 8
As a BTEC student I knew my results from the day I finished :P
I know my results too. I believe I smashed my A-levels so I strongly believe I'm in.
Reply 10
I'm absolutely bricking it :ashamed2:
Reply 11
I've got an image stuck in my head of some really old bloke (don't know why he has to be old) looking at my results and pissing himself laughing.
Reply 12
I feel petrified
I have no idea how results day is going to go
Either a mental breakdown will occur or I'll find my way to the bottom of a vodka bottle

Posted from TSR Mobile
They don't already know your results - they get them on Sunday (tomorrow)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
i'd rather not think about it
I had to send my own results in to my choices because my exam board doesn't automatically send them across... -_-
Reply 16
It's absolutely scary that there is someone out there that knows our results and they make decisions! What makes it worse for me is that i know i didn't do well for one of my subjects so I'm literally sooo scared. Results day won't be a good day for me.
Didn't apply but even if I did, it wouldn't faze me.
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
'Wow, they clearly messed up, NEXT!' ������

Is that a pun about not doing well in your Alevels and being doomed for a lifelong career in retail?
Original post by Origami Bullets
They don't already know your results - they get them on Sunday (tomorrow)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah UCAS actually delivered on the "we might get them through early" vague promises.

They came through last night about 8pm. But given how fuzzy the "early" promise was I doubt any university actually dragged many staff in today. Fun kicks off tomorrow as usual.
I wish my uni did know my results. They phoned me this afternoon to remind me to send them a scan of my certificate, but it still hasn't arrived.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending