The Student Room Group

Pill back-to-back, now no period.

Hello!

So I went on the pill in the end of June. I was prescribed a combined pill (Rigevidon). Started it on the first day of my period (I had very irregular periods throughout all my life), but I took two pill packs in a row, because I was going on holiday. I didn't miss a single pill, but had sex multiple times (first time a week and a half I went on the pill and the last time on July 18th.). Now before taking the third pack I knew it's better to take the 7 day break, but it's been 3days after I started the break (first day without a pill was Tuesday), and my period still hasn't come, even though I had more spotting (not with blood though) than usual (I did have some spotting before/after periods while not being on the pill, and during my second pack I had a bit more spotting during the pill as well). I think I could feel some cramps as well, so I am eagerly waiting for the period (which I know doesn't help too). Today I took a pregnancy test which came out negative.

Could I have just messed up my hormonal system that the period is not coming? Can it not come at all before I take the third pack, even though I am not pregnant?

Thanks!
Reply 1
The pill, if taken correctly, is extremely reliable therefore if you have been taking it right (e.g. on time / everyday) you are unlikely to be pregnant. However, if does happen, so maybe give it a week then take a pregnancy test if you still have no period. Taking the pill back-to-back can affect your cycle; I know I took mine like so for around 9 months (don't ask why - at first it was because I was so busy, but then I just liked not having a period) and it took longer than usual for me to get my period once I took a break and it was a lot heavier too. Don't panic - chances are you're not pregnant but, like I said, give it a few days and maybe take a test. Stress may also be delaying your period.
I take mine back to back sometimes and mine usually takes 4-5 days after i take my last pill to have a bleed. It might just take a few days for your body to adjust.
Reply 3
Hey guys! Thanks for the answers, the period came today, so I must have been freaking out without any reason:smile:
Reply 4
Was on the pill for 1 year and half and now stopped it to get pregnant! Been off the pill for 3 months the first 2 months I got my periods now I have got them since March 24 2018. Very stressed someone help!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest