The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer - Starting to Panic

Hi!

On a whim a few weeks ago, I decided to apply at Birkbeck for the MSc Human Resource Development and Consultancy program starting October 1. I received a conditional offer requiring me to show proof of completion of my current MSc program in the US.

I complete my last class on the 31st of August. Birkbeck is requiring an official transcript showing the award is conferred; however, my degree program won't be conferred until the end of October.

I'm concerned about this condition since I am an international student and still need to apply for a visa. I offered to have my current university registrar prepare a letter stating I have completed my degree program once my final grades are posted by the 7th of September.

I realize the timing is tight, but doable, with an expedited visa service, etc.; however, I'm just trying to remain optimistic about getting an unconditional offer first so I can get the rest of the process going. Your thoughts?

I'm waiting for a response about using that letter as alternative proof of completion to meet the condition.
Reply 1
It won't be the first time that Birkbeck have dealt with an International student in this type of situation. They will have a process in place to deal with it.

Just wait for their response. They'll tell you what to do.
Reply 2
Hello, I was in the same situation when applying for another university, I had to provide them my final transcript or my diploma before the enrolment.

I called the administration, and explained that I was pretty sure to get my degree considering my academic performances during the first semester (I sent them my 1st semester's transcript).

They changed my offer from conditional to unconditional and gave me plenty of time to provide the transcript or the diploma. I'm sure I was not the only one experiencing this particular situation and that it's usual for British Unis to deal with this kind of problem.

I hope i'll be ok for you but you should be more optimistic !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending