odawo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Maboko ltd manufactures a component known as ‘fix it’ which is used in the manufacture of locally assembled desktop computer. While the current production capacity is one million units of fix it, the demand for the computer is expected to be as follows;

Year
Demand (Units)
1.4M
1.5M
1.6M
1.7M

The company is planning to acquire an additional machine at a cost of 8M which will have a useful life of 4 years and a maximum output of 600,000 units. The Scrap value after four years will be Ksh.300,000. The current selling price of fix it is Ksh. 80 per unit and the variable cost is Ksh. 50 per unit.
Other variable costs of production is Ksh. 19, fixed cost of production associated with the new machine will be Ksh 2.4M per year in each subsequent year of production increasing by ksh 200,000 per year in each subsequent year of operation.
Mavoko pays tax one year in arrears at an annual rate of 30% and can claim capital allowance 25% reducing balance basis. A balancing allowance is claimed in the final year of operation.
The cost of equity for Mavoko ltd is 10% while it pays an interest of 8.6% on its debts. Its long-term finance is made up of up to 80% equity and 20% debt.
Required.
Calculate the Net Present Value for this Project and advice the management of mavoko whether this project is financially viable.
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just moved this to Study Help for you as someone should be able you here
forum007
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Find a tutor who is good in operation management who can help you.
Stonebridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think this would be better placed in Accounting and Finance. Or maybe Business and Management.
MahmoodReza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is a typical financial mgt question. Steps (1) calculate the net cash flow pw over the duration of the projects life (when cash flows occur) - note cap allowances * Rate of tax = tax cash inflow; (2) convert cash flows into present values - * by WACC (3) add up PVs - +ve = accept, _=-ve = reject
Take care with timings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Stonebridge)
I think this would be better placed in Accounting and Finance. Or maybe Business and Management.
Thanks
MahmoodReza
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I suppose it depends on how you distinguish between Accounting and Finance and Business and Management - students studying accounting would tackle this topic
mary usaji
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
someone to help me please
MahmoodReza
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Help with what Mary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.28%
No (411)
66.72%

Watched Threads