The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if this year Manchester are choosing the top 1000 applicants based on UKCAT score and then looking at this form??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in the 6th decile for UKCAT do I have a chance of passing their cut off??
Anyone got any predictions for this year's UKCAT cut-off?
Reply 2563
Original post by emma_1111
I am in the 6th decile for UKCAT do I have a chance of passing their cut off??

Look at what decile the cut off was for entry year 2015, 2014, 2013 and from this make an educated guess. Deadline has passed now but it will give you an idea of whether you will be invited for interview.
Reply 2564
The curiosity of who everyone is
For the non accademic form that we have to fill-in, can we use similar sentences and phrases to our personal statement or would we be expected to change it. also how important is the non accademic form in terms of selection?
Hey! Does anyone know how much they value the UKCAT? I got an average of 787.5 and was rejected on grounds of academic qualifications, despite having reasonably good grades. I've emailed them to ask about it. Has anyone else heard back from them yet?
Original post by coolkid17
Hey! Does anyone know how much they value the UKCAT? I got an average of 787.5 and was rejected on grounds of academic qualifications, despite having reasonably good grades. I've emailed them to ask about it. Has anyone else heard back from them yet?

Their website implies they look at academics first-have you met their mininum requirements?
Original post by MMS2015
Their website implies they look at academics first-have you met their mininum requirements?

My school grading system is slightly different, so the cutoff qualifications specific to my school are not listed there, but I do know our school qualifications are accepted by Manchester as they have been for previous years. My grades are also reasonably good in school, so the only reason I can think of why they didn't accept my qualifications was because they were put off by our school system.
My school grading system is slightly different, so the cutoff qualifications specific to my school are not listed there, but I do know our school qualifications are accepted by Manchester as they have been for previous years. My grades are also reasonably good in school, so the only reason I can think of why they didn't accept my qualifications was because they were put off by our school system.

That sucks, hopefully you'll get a satisfactory response, seems strange if they've accepted them before. Congrats on the amazing Ukcat!
Original post by MMS2015
That sucks, hopefully you'll get a satisfactory response, seems strange if they've accepted them before. Congrats on the amazing Ukcat!

Thank you! Manchester replied and said they didn't accept my school qualification for medicine in particular. :frown:
My school college counsellors made a mistake unfortunately. They suggested appealing using my AP Scores. Does anyone know of people getting in solely based on AP Scores?

I have 5 APs in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus AB and Statictics, for which I got all 5s- do you think this would be enough? It's not on their website though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2571
Thank you! Manchester replied and said they didn't accept my school qualification for medicine in particular. :frown:
My school college counsellors made a mistake unfortunately. They suggested appealing using my AP Scores. Does anyone know of people getting in solely based on AP Scores?

I have 5 APs in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus AB and Statictics, for which I got all 5s- do you think this would be enough? It's not on their website though.

You're best off emailing them or ringing them up to find out, noone on here will be able to tell you for sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending