The Student Room Group

aqa science

Hi , i just wanted to ask how AQA science works , is a core science , additional science and triple science the same as separate sciences ? , so do you get a grade for biology, chemistry and physics or do you get a grade for core additional and triple ?
Original post by Humzaawan123
Hi , i just wanted to ask how AQA science works , is a core science , additional science and triple science the same as separate sciences ? , so do you get a grade for biology, chemistry and physics or do you get a grade for core additional and triple ?

If you do triple you get a grade per science, if you do only core or only additional or both core and additional, you only get a grade for Core and Additional.
Reply 2

If you do core and additional you will come out with a core grade and an additional grade.

If you then take triple. You will come out with a grade in Chemistry, Biology and Physics.

Taking triple science converts it into single sciences.

C1,B1,P1 = Core science

C2,B2,P2 = Additional science

C3,B3,P3 = Triple science

So since you have taken triple science the modules are moved around to make this

C1,C2,C3 = Chemistry

B1,B2,B3 = Biology

P1,P2,P3 = Physics
Original post by 06shawm
If you do core and additional you will come out with a core grade and an additional grade.

If you then take triple. You will come out with a grade in Chemistry, Biology and Physics.

Taking triple science converts it into single sciences.

C1,B1,P1 = Core science

C2,B2,P2 = Additional science

C3,B3,P3 = Triple science

So since you have taken triple science the modules are moved around to make this

C1,C2,C3 = Chemistry

B1,B2,B3 = Biology

P1,P2,P3 = Physics

that helps so much thank you , how do the ISA's work then
Original post by JayJay-C19
If you do triple you get a grade per science, if you do only core or only additional or both core and additional, you only get a grade for Core and Additional.

so because i am doing triple science on my results slip i will get a grade for bio chem and physics not core additional and triple?
Reply 5
that helps so much thank you , how do the ISA's work then

I presume if you take triple you will take a Chemistry ISA, Biology ISA and Physics ISA.

Therefore it would work like this.

C1 + C2 + C3 + ISA = Chemistry

B1 + B2 + B3 + ISA = Biology

P1 + P2 + P3 + ISA = Physics

The only thing is that due to the GCSE reforms, this could change so I would definitely discuss this with your teachers to be sure.
Original post by 06shawm
I presume if you take triple you will take a Chemistry ISA, Biology ISA and Physics ISA.

Therefore it would work like this.

C1 + C2 + C3 + ISA = Chemistry

B1 + B2 + B3 + ISA = Biology

P1 + P2 + P3 + ISA = Physics

The only thing is that due to the GCSE reforms, this could change so I would definitely discuss this with your teachers to be sure.

yeah , my teachers had told me that i would get a grade for core , additional and further additional so i am really confused
so because i am doing triple science on my results slip i will get a grade for bio chem and physics not core additional and triple?

No. I did AQA GCSE Science and that's how it works. My friend did Further.

Quick Reply

Latest