The Student Room Group

Hi nursing help needed?

Hi I have an interview for mental health nursing in 2 days:eek: do you have any tips (such as not panicking) do you think I should practice what I will be saying such as answers to likely questions that will come up or shall I just go with the flow?:confused: I am also worried about what to say in a group interview as I may not know answers to some questions, so shall I just Say something rather than being quiet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi

Not much time to answer but use any experiences you have had, healthcare if possible but anything you've done and get ready for questions on safeguarding, health and safety, 'times when you've had to help with a dispute'... all very general and most not health related. Have a look at the RCN website and get some info on recent activities regarding healthcare such as the outbreak of Ebola, the Francis report, etc. and its affects on staff and patients, and make sure you slip them in subtly to look like you did your homework ;-) In group interviews don't butt in when people are talking, link your comment to what is already being discussed and use the examples of recent issues above.

Don't panic, group discussions are usually loosely based around recent healthcare issues and interview questions are sort of looking at the sort of person you are (you are not expected to know anything that's why you're going to uni!) and how you would react to certain situations (calmly, take into account staff and patient safety, infection control, prioritising workloads, etc).

Hope any of this helps :smile:

Cass
Reply 2
Original post by cpinner
Hi

Not much time to answer but use any experiences you have had, healthcare if possible but anything you've done and get ready for questions on safeguarding, health and safety, 'times when you've had to help with a dispute'... all very general and most not health related. Have a look at the RCN website and get some info on recent activities regarding healthcare such as the outbreak of Ebola, the Francis report, etc. and its affects on staff and patients, and make sure you slip them in subtly to look like you did your homework ;-) In group interviews don't butt in when people are talking, link your comment to what is already being discussed and use the examples of recent issues above.

Don't panic, group discussions are usually loosely based around recent healthcare issues and interview questions are sort of looking at the sort of person you are (you are not expected to know anything that's why you're going to uni!) and how you would react to certain situations (calmly, take into account staff and patient safety, infection control, prioritising workloads, etc).

Hope any of this helps :smile:

Cass
Thank you alot it did help did u apply for the course and does look like alot of information, but I really do hope it goes well.:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by nadzworldz
Thank you alot it did help did u apply for the course and does look like alot of information, but I really do hope it goes well.:smile:

Hi

Yeah, I start adult nursing next month at uni of beds :-) Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest