Causing a little bit of outrage on reddit

thoughts ?

http://youtu.be/5aHbGmQCk84
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know, but I do know that it's standard practise to promote a musician - make an offensive or controversial video, job done.
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why are the women on leashes though?
And it's a really crap song.
Mick.w
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol wow. these guys are smart. the music? whack. the video? whack? only reason its worth mentioning? controversial. their attention seeking pulled off i guess.
bottled
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
haha... how much were those women paid to crawl around like dogs... they're either short on money or need some self respect lmao
ApeMob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bottled)
haha... how much were those women paid to crawl around like dogs... they're either short on money or need some self respect lmao
Yea pretty ratchet and stupid. But black guy's have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to white women. So they're really just tryna say, we're so big and bad that we have white women crawling around for us. Like Kanye West had a vid where white women were serving them at an all black banquet. The Runaway Movie or My Dark, twisted fantasy thing...but then again it's Kanye haha
bottled
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ApeMob)
Yea pretty ratchet and stupid. But black guy's have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to white women. So they're really just tryna say, we're so big and bad that we have white women crawling around for us. Like Kanye West had a vid where white women were serving them at an all black banquet. The Runaway Movie or My Dark, twisted fantasy thing...but then again it's Kanye haha
well, worry not, their rap careers probably won't kick off, the song itself is pretty bad
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The feminists on tumblr should enjoy it.
As for is it racist?
The images obviously point that way but as I could hardly understand a word they were saying, I would have to see a transcript to come to that conclusion.
ApeMob
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
As for is it racist?
The images obviously point that way but as I could hardly understand a word they were saying, I would have to see a transcript to come to that conclusion.
Oh hello lol I couldn't quote you in the other thread because you used an iPhone icon and TSR won't lemme. But no I don't have issues haha I just have issues with someone who annoys me

&There's a xscript? Do we dare lol
Unapologetic.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That woman will end up with some ugly mutt child and on welfare.
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
Haha I miss the days when Tumblr was full of cool pictures, now it may as well be called VictimComplex.com
Emememily733
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Coben)
Causing a little bit of outrage on reddit

thoughts ?

http://youtu.be/5aHbGmQCk84

This is disgusting. Can you imagine if they were white guys with black women on leashes? Needs to be banned IMO. Just sick really.
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That song is crap, not sure if it's racist because I couldn't understand what they were saying but the video seems to imply that it is - none the less those girls don't have much self respect if they agreed to that
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
More concerned that the girls in that video are allowing themselves to be attached to leads... Seriously? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emememily733)
This is disgusting. Can you imagine if they were white guys with black women on leashes? Needs to be banned IMO. Just sick really.
No, it shouldn't be banned. It should be mocked and derided mercilessly and with scorn, but not banned.
Dijonnay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're clearly portraying them as their white b***hes. But you also have to look at the women and think why would they agree to do such a thing?? It's degrading! You can blame the black men but again the white women consented to it and I don't think any black woman in her right mind would agree to do something so stupid. Stupid song, stupid musician, stupid women on leashes and stupid concept. Yayo university is whack! I'M OUT!:cool:
Emememily733
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
No, it shouldn't be banned. It should be mocked and derided mercilessly and with scorn, but not banned.
Nope, I think it absolutely should be banned. If they're sending out a message that white women are like dogs or possessions that black men own, that's disgusting - racist - sick and it should be banned.
Like I said, if it were the other way around, white men and black women it wouldn't have even reached the internet.
Double standards.
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope, I think it absolutely should be banned. If they're sending out a message that white women are like dogs or possessions that black men own, that's disgusting - racist - sick and it should be banned.
Like I said, if it were the other way around, white men and black women it wouldn't have even reached the internet.
Double standards.
Do you often feel the urge to ban things you find distasteful?
Emememily733
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
Do you often feel the urge to ban things you find distasteful?
No, do you often feel the urge to defend things that are racist and disgusting? mm, what an odd girl indeed.
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, do you often feel the urge to defend things that are racist and disgusting? mm, what an odd girl indeed.
I'm not defending it? Did I say it was good or worthwhile? No, I said it deserves to be mocked, ridiculed and met with scorn. My point was that it's moronic, and everyone has noticed. I value our personal freedom to express ourselves (or make idiotic music videos) at will.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (119)
64.67%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.2%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.13%

Watched Threads