The Student Room Group

finding it hard to find good prices for accommodation in Aberdeen

i lived in liverpool last year and paid £65 per week for my place, yet i cant find anywhere thats even for £80 online for aberdeen - any advice anybody, or is it ceteris paribus that prices are high?
Renting is just quite expensive in Aberdeen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Welcome to the oil city. don't expect to find cheap accommodation.
Aberdeen is a nightmare, expect to pay about £100 a week, plus bills. My flat is costing me £75 a week but one like that is incredibly rare - look outside of the city centre and you may have more luck. Just be careful about the area the flat is in/do your research!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi Bar Bar .. OK, as someone who lives in Aberdeen, Yup, Prices are way high unless you get a council flat !!

Some good places to check out would be Gumtree, may not get a flat to yourself, but maybe share a flat / own bedroom.

Pixie is bang on about looking outwith the city, but then factor in the costs of travel and that commute.

Hope you find something.
Original post by BarBar-John
i lived in liverpool last year and paid £65 per week for my place, yet i cant find anywhere thats even for £80 online for aberdeen - any advice anybody, or is it ceteris paribus that prices are high?

Hi there. I'm commenting here more from a personal response than from my institution, but I hope I can help. Having considered Aberdeen myself for study, and with family near by, it is really expensive. As a student you might find info from the university helpful - the accommodation service office sometimes know of letting agents. The Student's Union could also help, I know we have a list of private landlords and some 'tested' agents at the SU here so could be worth trying there if you're still struggling.

Charlotte (TSR Official QMU Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest