2004/2005 uni league table predictions

Watch
This discussion is closed.
eternalsunshine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Meh. League tables! :rolleyes: Here's what I did : looked at the guardian, followed by the times, followed by every other league table I could get my hands on - and then ignored all of the stupid conflicting information that I'd read and did something practically unheard of - made my own mind up about where I'm going to spend 3 years!!

Honestly, you'd think if ppl were intelligent enough to do a degree they'd be able to think for themselves

All this talk of leagues is something I havent missed from ukl!!

- (Fionah)
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It'll always go Oxbridge, then a short group of LSE, UCL, Imperial who are always very close to the top, then the following thirty or so universities constantly rotate and will have done again when we all graduate. So it doesn't really matter.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eternalsunshine)
Meh. League tables! :rolleyes: Here's what I did : looked at the guardian, followed by the times, followed by every other league table I could get my hands on - and then ignored all of the stupid conflicting information that I'd read and did something practically unheard of - made my own mind up about where I'm going to spend 3 years!!

Honestly, you'd think if ppl were intelligent enough to do a degree they'd be able to think for themselves

All this talk of leagues is something I havent missed from ukl!!

- (Fionah)
League tables only give half the story, I am at a university ranked 68 on the Sunday Times, I am happy where I am and so far I've got a good job because of it. For most jobs employee's don't really care that much about league tables.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just get a good degree and good A-levels. Thats much more influential than the university you go to as the university you go to could just reflect how lucky you were in the applications lottery. Possibly with the exception of Oxbridge.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (90)
13.95%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (53)
8.22%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (83)
12.87%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (76)
11.78%
Other reasons are stopping me going (83)
12.87%
Nothing is stopping me going (260)
40.31%

Watched Threads