KettleMan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is the jump from double to triple science that big at GCSE?
29Bilal96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
don't know as i didn't make the jump i personally don't think i could have done it as science isn't really my thing, but having spoken to friends most of them said it was okay
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Didn't do triple, as I was too stupid but my brother does and he says it's fairly simplistic.
Computer Geek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's nothing you can't manage if you study a little, teachers always use this myth to scare the kids who aren't going to study out of triple.
rich1334
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There isn't a jump, the difficulty of the content isn't any harder. There is more content but really, not enough to discourage you
Lychees
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did triple science and you just do a few extra chapters compared to those who do double. I think its well worth you doing triple especially if you are looking to study any sciences at a levels as its a major help.
CaitlinN15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did triple science (AQA) and sat my GCSE's this year and all what I can say is, the jump isn't actually as big as what people presume it is, the hardest jump is from doing double science to A-level science because that is basically what triple science is (the bridge between A-level and GCSE) this is a great course to choice if you want to go to into science at college etc. all what I can say is make sure you take plenty of notes and there is A LOT MORE factual information but it's not hard information there's just a lot more to remember basically, some of the content in some of the units are hard ESPECIALLY Biology! That was the worst science for me! It was awful! However my best was chemistry so to me it was a lot easier to learn all the Chemistry stuff.. Then when it got to Biology I struggled a lot!

If you know what your best science is, you're ready for a lot of revision (I had 9 science exams), you want to do it in the future then triple science is the best course to do! You've just got to make sure you revise for unit 3's as it's mainly long writing answers.. In core and additional for example you can be veryy simple in your answers for all marks however in triple science you've got to be very specific and put A LOT of detail in- even if you think you don't need it! Put it in!

For revision wise: do loads and loads and loads of past papers I can not say how important this is oh and practise your calculations- in chemistry and physics it's veryy hard calculations especially physics as that is what physics unit 3 is mainly is.. Maths! For chemistry there's a lot less calculations to do but because you don't get the formula sheet for chem you MUST be confident in doing them and for chem there's a lot of high markers for this!

Anyway if you've got anymore question just DM me and good luck! I hope I've helped you

Posted from TSR Mobile
an100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i did trilple, but the only difference to double was that there was little 'more' to lear, that's it. It was not that it was that defficult, just little more stuff to learn. If you plan on doing science in a-levels the deffo do it. Dont worry, you'll be fine!
KettleMan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks folks. I've actually already done my GCSEs but I only did single award Science, and it's been haunting me ever since - so I'm thinking of doing triple IGCSE to amend the situation
matalyst
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thought this would be about a jump from GCSE to A-Level, I didn't think there was one for triple really...
Tbh on edexcel there were actually less topics than core and additional it was just a bit more conceptually difficult but nothing too hard
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KettleMan)
Nah, I found further exams easier than additional
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matalyst)
Thought this would be about a jump from GCSE to A-Level, I didn't think there was one for triple really...
Tbh on edexcel there were actually less topics than core and additional it was just a bit more conceptually difficult but nothing too hard
less topics for Chemistry for sure! i remember the list only being half a page chemistry C3 was nice and snappy to learn, didn't take much effort.
Gorwell
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
Nah, I found further exams easier than additional
I think it was a trap as they knew we'd revise further more :eek:
Gorwell
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The jump doesn't exist... just think of it as extra topics (well it is) and revise/learn well! You will be fine, If you need help then feel free to ask me.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gorwell)
I think it was a trap as they knew we'd revise further more :eek:
yesh :rolleyes: but what if you only did double science? Lucky doublers ... I did Edexcel by the way, but im assuming it was all hard ahaha :')
Gorwell
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yesh :rolleyes: but what if you only did double science? Lucky doublers ... I did Edexcel by the way, but im assuming it was all hard ahaha :')
Ah damn! Heard the Edexcel exams were tough :eek: sure you've done great though I did AQA which was poopy lol
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
I do triple and it's just more stuff to learn. So not a big jump, no :nah:
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gorwell)
Ah damn! Heard the Edexcel exams were tough :eek: sure you've done great though I did AQA which was poopy lol
only B2 if i'm honest, I heard AQA was death and thanks a lot, hope you get what you want!
matalyst
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
less topics for Chemistry for sure! i remember the list only being half a page chemistry C3 was nice and snappy to learn, didn't take much effort.
And physics as well, once you got towards the end it was just PCAs and gas equations which didn't require much work
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matalyst)
And physics as well, once you got towards the end it was just PCAs and gas equations which didn't require much work
yeah exactly XD kelvin measurements, gas pressure, volume and whatnot Quite a few calculation came from the last pages and they were all straight forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads