The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who thinks we should just sit back and leave ISIS to grow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GnomeMage
:rofl:

they dont allied with Russia, they are at war with Russia! IS wants to attack Syria which is backed by Russia and wants to "liberate" Chechenya.

Allied? :rofl:

Right now I agree but alliances change. In 20 years there's no telling who they'd be allied with.
Well, they are losing ground at the moment. I'd be interested to see what happens if they try to invade Israel. I think that will be the point the USA step in and nuke ISIS to oblivion...
Original post by Rakas21
Right now I agree but alliances change. In 20 years there's no telling who they'd be allied with.

I think ISIS are going to find it difficult to form alliances because of their ideology.

Their overseas alliances would come from sympathetic factions within those countries rather than existing governments.

I think if the West stood by and did nothing it would just lead to a complete bloodbath in the Middle East, which despite some of the anti-Muslims here saying "let em all kill each other who cares" would be massively destabilising for the world.

For one thing if ISIS were to secure large parts of Iraq it would probably lead to another Iran-Iraq war as there is no way Iran can allow ISIS in their back yard.

Israel are unlikely to stand by and approve of this type of movement getting serious power in the Middle East as it is unlikely that ISIS wishes to leave Israel in peace.
Reply 63
Original post by thisistheend
I'm not an extremist Muslim, actually I'm not religious at all. But ISIS isn't really a threat to Britain, or the US/Europe. It just wants to establish a Caliphate, something a lot of Muslims want and the Koran says. While I don't necessarily support what they do, I can still be impressed with the efficiency they're doing it.

I just don't think we should have any mandate in what Muslims do in the name of their faith if it doesn't affect us. I mean it won't be the first time the West has sat back and watched a state grow, it let the Jews have Israel...

It's also beneficial because it gets rid of home grown extremists, they'll all leave the UK to become jihadis and never come back cos they burn their passports. Sounds like a win to me.

Wow I've never heard such bile.

For a start, ISIS is absolutely a threat to Britain - and to the West, if not in the immediate term, certainly within the next few generations. In fact Koranic Islam in general is a threat to anyone who supports Western democracy, religious freedoms and equal rights.

And more to the point, who cares if it's a threat to the UK? It's a group that is set on i) Islamifying the Middle East (and eventually the world) ii) brutally killing religious minorities. We cannot just allow this group to go on as they are.
Original post by Benjobox
Wow I've never heard such bile.

Why don't you read my other post on page 3?
(Apparently)No.
Original post by thisistheend
If the Western countries like the Five Eyes just buggered out of the Middle East and Africa, nobody there is going to blame us. It'll soon descend into Heart of Darkness anyway. Leave them alone to kill each other and swarm Israel.

But there's oil, so we know that ain't never gonna happen.

In the meanwhile, western individuals should just take stock of the situation and leave for their own safety.

As an alienated member of a democratic conspiracy, I do not believe a single word Western governments say in their foreign affairs. I'd much rather see ISIS take them on their hometurf and sink the invaders like the Taliban did to Russia in the 80s.

ISIS wants to rule the entire world? They will keep killing people who don't agree with them? Why?

How does ISIS fight against the west? They will keep abducting people? And they will kill those hostages if they don't get whatever they want from hostages' governments?

Oh, what about MH 370? ISIS made it invisible? Those riders are still safe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP trolling much?

It wont create any normal state. It will create a state which is harmful to humanity.

Once it gets nuclear weapons or even an air force then what? but this is miles or even light years away lol.

Hardly going to be any great state people will be dying to live in and mostly just a waste of land and oil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending