What OCDs do you have?

Watch
Rabia.Nishat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys!

So, everyone has these practices or rituals without which we can't function correctly. What are yours? What OCDs do you have? And why does that particular task have to be done?
Tappouni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rabia.Nishat)
Hey guys!

So, everyone has these practices or rituals without which we can't function correctly. What are yours? What OCDs do you have? And why does that particular task have to be done?
Filling up at the petrol station...price has to end on a nice round number. No reason really, just an OCD I have
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always check the locks on bathroom doors before I lock the door about 10 times back and forth. If its stiff or hard to pull back even in the slightest, I will go into another cubicle. I've been locked in a cubicle before so I think it comes from that.

I also wash my hands after giving my cats Felix, even if my hand never touched the food. The thought of the jelly and the smell of the food makes me want to puke so I've got into the habit of washing my hands afterwards even if I don't have to.

I also check the front door of my flat is locked multiple times a day even if I haven't opened the door that day and know it couldn't have been unlocked. That's the most annoying one because I'll be lying bed and then I'll think "hmm I better go and make sure the door is locked" lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Rabia.Nishat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yasmin25)
I always check the locks on bathroom doors before I lock the door about 10 times back and forth. If its stiff or hard to pull back even in the slightest, I will go into another cubicle. I've been locked in a cubicle before so I think it comes from that.

I also wash my hands after giving my cats Felix, even if my hand never touched the food. The thought of the jelly and the smell of the food makes me want to puke so I've got into the habit of washing my hands afterwards even if I don't have to.

I also check the front door of my flat is locked multiple times a day even if I haven't opened the door that day and know it couldn't have been unlocked. That's the most annoying one because I'll be lying bed and then I'll think "hmm I better go and make sure the door is locked" lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, the door locking thing happens to the best of us. Your list is a good one.
Rabia.Nishat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tappouni)
Filling up at the petrol station...price has to end on a nice round number. No reason really, just an OCD I have
Zeros are satisfying. Satisfying in the sense that, money is not a problem when a few zeros are added. Personally it makes stuff seem cheaper to me!
Squalleon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Checking my alarm clock about 10 times before bed. I know it's fine, but my mind keeps telling me to do it again and again.

I've found cutting back on caffeine made this better, though.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't have it anymore but I had to do everything in balance. If I leaned on 1 arm for 5 minutes, I had to lean on my other for an equal amount of time. :dontknow:
hisengsoc_galpal
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to have to count all of the buttons on a remote that I was using and I'd do this about 5 times till I was sure i knew the right number

Posted from TSR Mobile
beautyviews
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Every time I close a door I have to open and close it atleast twice (to make sure it's closed even though I know it is)

Mostly everything I touch with one hand I have to with the other

I avoid doing anything 3 times
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to feel I have to enter the building the same way I exited it. That actually saved me from a lot of trouble at school.
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Zeros are satisfying. Satisfying in the sense that, money is not a problem when a few zeros are added. Personally it makes stuff seem cheaper to me!
I do this but I like round numbers of litres eg 35 exactly lol. That way I can monitor consumption / mpl.
AKWxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys!

-volume has to be an even number unless it's a 7.if this doesn't happen i can't concentrate until it's done
-living room door has to be completely shut
-curtains completely shut, not the slightest gap
-when curtains are open they have to be even
everything aligned /properly even ie. sofas/chairs, bed.not a mm out of place
-every last crumb on the plate, and every bit of drink has to be drunk. if i'm too full etc i will get someone else to finish it. sometimes, if there's for e.g a group of chips but one pea, i'll leave the chips because they're in group, but no singulars
-won't drink someones drink/eat their food
-eveything has to be grouped ie. games / books grouped together etc
-get this from my dad cause he's always done it, but going to the loo just before a meal
-constantly washing hands
-if there is a tiny spec on a plate/cutlery, i'll rewash it
-won't touch toilet door in public
-despite this i am actually really messy, i have a floordrobe going on and stuff everywhere, wear odd socks etc
-as a kid i probably actually had OCD to be honest, i'd constantly do rituals with the number 7, ie. turning on and off light seven times before bed, tapping radiator 7 times before i sleep etc. i still get this sort of thing occasionally, eg. If i'm kissing my boyfriend before bed sometimes i'll make him kiss me 7 times, stuff like that haha, or if i kiss one cheek i have to kiss the other. god i sound so weird, oh well.
-probably loads more but i can't really think of any atm
Rabia.Nishat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Old_Simon)
I do this but I like round numbers of litres eg 35 exactly lol. That way I can monitor consumption / mpl.
I think the government could do with you. You could potentially resolve the problem of the rapid usage of fossil fuels. lol
AKWxxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hisengsoc_galpal)
I used to have to count all of the buttons on a remote that I was using and I'd do this about 5 times till I was sure i knew the right number

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha i did this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rabia.Nishat
Rep:
?
(Original post by AKWxxx)
-volume has to be an even number unless it's a 7.if this doesn't happen i can't concentrate until it's done
-living room door has to be completely shut
-curtains completely shut, not the slightest gap
-when curtains are open they have to be even
everything aligned /properly even ie. sofas/chairs, bed.not a mm out of place
-every last crumb on the plate, and every bit of drink has to be drunk. if i'm too full etc i will get someone else to finish it. sometimes, if there's for e.g a group of chips but one pea, i'll leave the chips because they're in group, but no singulars
-won't drink someones drink/eat their food
-eveything has to be grouped ie. games / books grouped together etc
-get this from my dad cause he's always done it, but going to the loo just before a meal
-constantly washing hands
-if there is a tiny spec on a plate/cutlery, i'll rewash it
-won't touch toilet door in public
-despite this i am actually really messy, i have a floordrobe going on and stuff everywhere, wear odd socks etc
-as a kid i probably actually had OCD to be honest, i'd constantly do rituals with the number 7, ie. turning on and off light seven times before bed, tapping radiator 7 times before i sleep etc. i still get this sort of thing occasionally, eg. If i'm kissing my boyfriend before bed sometimes i'll make him kiss me 7 times, stuff like that haha, or if i kiss one cheek i have to kiss the other. god i sound so weird, oh well.
-probably loads more but i can't really think of any atm
Excellent list. And nope, weird is good. As stated in Alice in Wonderland " We're all mad here." So thanks for that list .
Rabia.Nishat
Rep:
?
(Original post by SecretDuck)
I used to feel I have to enter the building the same way I exited it. That actually saved me from a lot of trouble at school.
I used to do that... But my reasoning is because, I'm terrible at directions, even in a building with directions.. *cough*
Dwane
Badges: 6
Report 7 years ago
I check everything in my bag too many times before being able to leave a room / lab / lecture theatre. What if I thought I put something in my bag but I really didn't!?

Spoiler:
Show

Rabia.Nishat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dwane)
I check everything in my bag too many times before being able to leave a room / lab / lecture theatre. What if I thought I put something in my bag but I really didn't!?

Spoiler:
Show

Omg! Haha, I'd give you some rep, but I've reached my limit for today. Though I will do so tomorrow. Nice spoiler!
xOHarriet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tap a can of drink a few times before opening it (I know it doesn't stop it from fizzing up, it's just something I saw my brother do once when I was little and have done it ever since)

I can't get into my bed from the side closest to the door, I have to walk round and get in the other side. I think thats just habit from when my ex or dog used to be on the side though haha

I always have to have my fan on when I sleep, even if I'm cold.
TheSoulWithin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everything has to be in a multiple of 4.

So if I am on carpet and walking to wooden floor then I would need to walk on the carpet for a multiple of 4 times before I move on.

Same with the volume on a TV. Has to be a multiple of 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.82%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.97%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.13%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
41.03%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (20)
25.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.56%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.85%

Watched Threads