The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from my unconditional offer to go to uni that rejected me.

I was rejected by my first choice after interview, however I spoke to them last Friday and they are willing to reconsider my application,as they have places in clearing, It was at the end of the day so they asked me to ring again next week. How do I go about this? My offer was made unconditional on the 6th.
Reply 1
Original post by Mimi2014
I was rejected by my first choice after interview, however I spoke to them last Friday and they are willing to reconsider my application,as they have places in clearing, It was at the end of the day so they asked me to ring again next week. How do I go about this? My offer was made unconditional on the 6th.

I am not sure you are allowed to do this if you have accepted an unconditional offer. But the process would be to get your university to release you from your offer then get the other to give you a formal offer. Of course, I would not do anything until your first choice actually say whether they have spaces next week.
Reply 2
Original post by evantej
I am not sure you are allowed to do this if you have accepted an unconditional offer. But the process would be to get your university to release you from your offer then get the other to give you a formal offer. Of course, I would not do anything until your first choice actually say whether they have spaces next week.

my first choice have places. But I don't know how to sort this out as at the same time I don't want to risk loosing my unconditional offer and get a knock back again from my first choice. I am confused
Reply 3
Original post by Mimi2014
my first choice have places. But I don't know how to sort this out as at the same time I don't want to risk loosing my unconditional offer and get a knock back again from my first choice. I am confused

Ring them again and get them to confirm they would give you an offer despite the fact they have previously rejected you. It might be best emailing the admissions tutor so they have a chance to review your application properly rather than being vague on the phone. Do that before you speak to your unconditional offer university.
Reply 4
Original post by evantej
Ring them again and get them to confirm they would give you an offer despite the fact they have previously rejected you. It might be best emailing the admissions tutor so they have a chance to review your application properly rather than being vague on the phone. Do that before you speak to your unconditional offer university.

Thank you. I have rang them and emailed details, they will get back to me. I am just hoping they let me know as soon as so that I can relax really. At the same time I am worried of been released by my firm choice based on verbal offer just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest