The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance reading

I've been reading many books and papers to do with the course all of which i have found really interesting but I'm unsure of which sort of thing would actually be suitable to use in my personal statement. I was just wondering what sort of thing should be used? as i have been reading passages from things like text books and theories etc and i was unsure if i could put that in my personal statement?

If anybody has any recomendations of books that i may find interesting please let me know.

I'm currently awaiting my grades from AS maths physics chemistry and biology and hoping to apply for the accounting and finance course with UEA and Lincoln as my top two choices :smile:
Original post by joshua stephens
I've been reading many books and papers to do with the course all of which i have found really interesting but I'm unsure of which sort of thing would actually be suitable to use in my personal statement. I was just wondering what sort of thing should be used? as i have been reading passages from things like text books and theories etc and i was unsure if i could put that in my personal statement?

If anybody has any recomendations of books that i may find interesting please let me know.

I'm currently awaiting my grades from AS maths physics chemistry and biology and hoping to apply for the accounting and finance course with UEA and Lincoln as my top two choices :smile:

I remember doing my personal statement for A+F, it took me 2 months. I think this is one of the harder subjects to write a good PS for.

I wouldn't mention theories within your PS. I also wouldn't quote heavily from books. Be honest and talk about the most interesting things within the academia and the accounting and finance industries (this is important as A+F degrees are often quite aligned to the career side of things).

Do you find equity capital markets interesting, or M&A, wonder how companies decide if a project is financial viable?
Any interest in particular parts of accounting- the changing scope of regulation, reporting requirements, technology, use in court and legal proceedings, the analytical nature, the variety of ways you can portray results?
any related work experience interesting?
Remember an A+F degree will also encompass economics, stats, management (supply chain, human resource management, organisational behavour business law, marketing) modules sometimes depending on the uni- does this variety interest you?
Attended a seminar regarding an interesting topic? Read a (non-academic) book on the subject which made you think about a certain thing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending