Hunting for the name of a spinal cord injury article!

Watch this thread
payne93
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello,

I'm doing my dissertation on spinal cord injury. There's an article I really want to read but I don't know what it's called. I know it's by Oliver, M and was written in 2001. I have a few details about how the study was carried out, which is below. If anyone can shed some light on this elusive article it would be much appreciated!

Thank you

- Able-bodied controls were matched (age, gender, SES) with spinal cord injured people - Scales used:
Control measures of HADS, COPE, LOC used
Life Satisfaction Scale (Fugl-Meyer, 1991)
Visual Analogue Scale:
- quality of life - "the satisfaction received from everyday activities and relationships“
- value of life - "the intrinsic will to live in order that you may experience life";
- meaning of life - "your ability to find a reason for living which is individual to you".

Participants completed all of the above for their current status

Able-bodied controls read a factual vignette about a person with C5 incomplete SCI , 3-5 years post injury and completed the scales again
SCI group re-completed measures from perspective of able-bodied person

TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (44)
15.07%
The paper was reasonable (151)
51.71%
Not feeling great about that exam... (69)
23.63%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
9.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise