Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no i just meant that if ur set against not believing in them then ur just goin 2 fool urself that ur not seein them when u r

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    no i just meant that if ur set against not believing in them then ur just goin 2 fool urself that ur not seein them when u r
    im sure people will believe it when they see ghosts, but ive never seen them so there u go

ReputationRep:
    so how bout aliens do u believe in them

ReputationRep:
    i believe in ghosts, spirits, reincarnation and gods - yet people would rubbish that because there is no scientific proof - but in my life all these things are relevant especially during phases of my life that i have gone through particularly concerning my formative years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    Little green men in UFO's who collect people and probe them? No, i don't. However i believe it is feasible for there to be some other life-form other than the ones on Earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    no but the possibilities of both aliens and ghosts believe it...again how can you believe in aliens....most people have not experienced anything linked with aliens or seen them...believing in aliens because of watching films etc is simply stupidity

ReputationRep:
    i believe that there must b other life forms in the universe,
    then again i live in the ufo capital of the world so chances r that i'm gonna c a u.f,o sumthime soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    try goin sum where thats haunted, eg. a gravyard
    You dont have to really go anywhere thats haunted, my three are in my place and it's not "haunted" ... well it is, but do you get that i mean.

firstly,I was not beleiving them but after I just experience the "The Sixth Sense" and "Bhoot(Ghost)"-hindi movie (which i certainly less understands).Now i little bit believe in these guys. :eek: but my elders do tells me that there is something super natural out there.my uncle has experienced it :eek: .
    adrenaliner :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    i believe in ghosts, i just don't understand why sum people have to have 2 have everything scientifically proven
    Mankinds way of living, having to know if they are the only destructable is a crucial thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    no but the possibilities of both aliens and ghosts believe it...again how can you believe in aliens....most people have not experienced anything linked with aliens or seen them...believing in aliens because of watching films etc is simply stupidity
    The difference between aliens and ghosts is:

As far as we know, there is an infinite number of stars and planets in the universe. It would be incredibly naiive of us to think that Earth is the only planet anywhere that can support some form of life. Our human-constructed version (little green men or ET) is perhaps stupid, but there's no reason there shouldn't be other living things outside of our solar system. Why not?

Ghosts are a different matter altogether. If you're religious, you might believe there's a heaven, but that's a subject for another thread (or many..). There is no reason ghosts should exist - they are socially constructed to give us some idea of what might happen after death, and to give a glamorous explanation for the noises you hear as the house shifts or next door's boiler switches on.

Until I have seen aliens with my own eyes, I will always think there is a possibility they might exist but I won't know for sure. And until I see a ghost, I will always think of a rational explanation before jumping to the conclusion that ghosts ate my pancakes or used up the last of the toilet roll.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt Horatio say *there are more things in heaven and earth than we know not what of*?

Just because we cant see, does not mean, doesnt exist, therefore the possibility of ghosts, spirits, aliens(definition of alien being broadly speaking, something that is not the norm to a given person) do exist, depending on personal opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Didnt Horatio say *there are more things in heaven and earth than we know not what of*?

Just because we cant see, does not mean, doesnt exist, therefore the possibility of ghosts, spirits, aliens(definition of alien being broadly speaking, something that is not the norm to a given person) do exist, depending on personal opinion.
    Well yes, someone said that, but who's to say they're right? I believe in things I haven't seen - I believe, for instance, that the Sahara desert exists, and that there are penguins in South Africa. I haven't seen them, but I've heard of these things from reliable sources. But you have to draw the line somewhere.

The only people I've heard talk of ghosts have been hysterical (and usually on Montel Williams or similar). So excuse me if I wait for more information before I make up my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Everyones entitled to their own opinions. I don't believe in god but i believe in ghosts and spirits because i've seen them, many times. I think that some people are more spiritually tuned in than others hence why they have never seen them and therefore don't believe in them.
    And as for aliens and ufo's, i'd like to belive in them but having never seen anything of the sort i keep an open mind about it. I don't just say...'er no i havn't seen so don't believe in them.'
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Ghosts: anyone who says they've seen one is either mistaken, hallucinating or lying.
    I agree, it's all in your head!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. I've never seen one but I have a friend who say's she has a ghost in her house and shes's not the sort to make it up (she's not the only one who's seen it either) I think I'd want to see a ghost before deciding I definately believed in them though.

I suppose the problem with listening to other people who say they've seen ghosts is that a lot of people are very good at convincing themselves they've seen the things they want to see(plus some of them just lie)

ReputationRep:
    it very small minded of u 2 think that every1 us seen a ghost is like that

ReputationRep:
    i mean why people don't believe in ghost while they believe in God? remeber the holy sprit which was the ghost>?? right
    and another thing i watched some programme on discovery channel 'Ghost Hunting' they said they found evidence of ghost
    what can i say!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in ghosts, but they believe in me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i mean why people don't believe in ghost while they believe in God? remeber the holy sprit which was the ghost>?? right
    and another thing i watched some programme on discovery channel 'Ghost Hunting' they said they found evidence of ghost
    what can i say!!
    end of discussion then.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.