The Student Room Group

How are you going to personalize your uni room?

I'm thinking lots and lots of photos on some kind of collage display of my friends, family and cats, my colourful duvet from home, possibly an old cuddly toy (sad??)...any other ideas about how your going to make your uni room your own?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I put some posters up and some photos and cards I'd been given from younger friends and my pupils. I want some fairy lights for my room in my house though!
POSTERS of cool things, and trendy bands :wink:
Reply 3
Lots of nice candles, some nice fluffy pillows for my bed, trying to get a nice chocolate beanbag and plenty of photos of friends/families and my cat :p:
Reply 4
I got a lot of floor space so I'm gonna get a rug, some new curtains and matching bed sheets just to give the room a more homely feel. Of course I'll be taking my posters along too :smile:
I'm gonna take, photos, cushions, and random cards and postcards and stuff that I've acquired that cheer me up lol
Reply 6
PHOTOS. I have printed them out already on photo paper... some will go in frames others just like on a pinboard or something. :smile:
Reply 7
.:fluff:.
Lots of nice candles, some nice fluffy pillows for my bed, trying to get a nice chocolate beanbag and plenty of photos of friends/families and my cat :p:

Don't take candles. It is against most Uni's regulations.
i got lotsa photo frames with pics in my room. only 3 of them match but ill prob take them along. if not just take ALL my pics and pin up some of them.

take my nice duvet covers, but doubt ill take curtains.
Reply 9
I would love to make a photo wall, with the pictures arranged like house bricks... however all my pictures are on my computer from my digi cam.. and i probs wont be printing them off... lol posters it is!!!!!
many posters.. or pictures that i can pinch off of fellow uni friends
I bought some posters at Reading so I'll put them up, my funky duvet covers, some cushions, photos of my mateys, fairy lights, clothes littering the floor probably... that'll make it personal to me; stylish but messy, heehee
Reply 11
I didn't decorate my room at all.

oh well
Reply 12
room littered with alcohol.... ahh.... good stuff!!! :rolleyes:
lol
Ive got the best stuff to make my room a 'GEMA ROOM'!! Firstly I got all these road signs from america with different stuff on them- 'memory lane', 'wrong way' and 'goa way'! Then I got 3 posters from virgin- A pirates of the caribbean poster, a funky bunny one and one with all these circles on it so when u look at it- circles move!! Also got photos ready in my scrapbook. Oh and I go these like plastic poster things!? They are A4 size and say things like 'Anti-stress kit- bang head here' then theres a circle and 'I can only please one person per day, today isnt your day, tomorrow doesnt look good either' Finally Im getting my 4 boys 2 draw me a picture each for me to take cus ill miss them. They are 5, 4, 2 and 1 so 2 pics will be good and 2 wont but *** well!
Reply 14
Dirty protest probs.
loads of photos of my friends, family and 2 dogs! i will also be taking some movie posters i got along with some little bits that make it feel more like my room ie clutter!!
Reply 16
Pics of friends and my dogs...I'm determined to get a picture of me and my boyfriend together....

Going to get a throw for the floor and one for the bed. Will make it all messy and it will be just like home!:biggrin:
Reply 17
Empty bottles, puke, condom wrappers.
Reply 18
I'm putting up loads of posters and prints, plus a healthy distribution of old tea mugs. Just like home.
Various posters and flyers which i stole from Ibiza,my crystal champagne flute which I "liberated" from the local indian (they did overcharge us on the Naan) a collage, pics and my bean bag me mam made me (mam WorkHouse is the best)... As soon as i find one i'm gonna get a BIG Libertines poster for it too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending