Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Considering Dr.Atkins died resembling a whale, neither would I.
    Thats sooo funi
    Is it true?
    xox

ReputationRep:
    One word for you: CARROTS.
    Whenever I'm hungry I munch on a carrot. I know it sounds like such a cliche, but a cold, peeled organic carrot can do wonders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    One word for you: CARROTS.
    Whenever I'm hungry I munch on a carrot. I know it sounds like such a cliche, but a cold, peeled organic carrot can do wonders.
    I'm sure Bugs Bunny loves you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    aye- go to link in my sig
    That's probably a bad idea if you were playing NIN full blast, and didn't realise it was an audio file...

But a good link nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    the fat cat thing is good but has in no way put me off...! lol...
    probs say the usual, eat healthily and excercise regularly!

ReputationRep:
    so long as the diet doesnt control you, go for it! peoples emotions have such a wierd relationship with food, just do it if it would make you feel better, (and not in an obsessive freaky way!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Use small plates and fill them up - this will make your portions look bigger (even though you know why it still makes you believe, to an extent, that you are eating a lot).
    Clean your teeth straight after you've eaten - then you won't want anything extra because it won't taste nice mixed with toothpaste mouth.

If you are eating out order jacket/new potatoes instead of chips. If you do have to have chips, when you have finished your meal (and there are still a few chips left on the plate), cover your plate with your napkin to stop you from picking at them. If this doesn't work pour a little bit of your drink onto your plate - you won't want soggy chips (if you still do, the problem is a bit more serious and you should see your doctor!).

Don't eat after 7:30pm.

Try giving up bread, after the 1st week you won't miss it.

ReputationRep:
    Cut out as much excess sugar from your diet as you can! It works!

ReputationRep:
    in reply to what vegetarians can eat-everything meat eaters can but with meat being replaced. it may seem like meat makes everything but everything has a vegetarian alternative. im vegetarian and i am not on a diet because i have no will power. however, the cosmopolitan diet-you should be wary of. playing around with your metabolism rarely works effetively and more often than not leaves you worse off. i try and brush my teeth at night when i know i should eat no more. i try and chew gum then aswell as an extra caution (i dont do this routinely, its when i can be bothered and have chewing gum ) i don't know if you like salds but i believe they taste mighty fine and as someone said they are literally fat free. if you want something to bulk it out, get some low fat feta in and cut it into chunks or any other hard cheese. potatoes and croutons are good too. sorry im waffling so i'll go dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    If thats the first diet you've tried, thats quite good. Especially if you weren't that big in the first place.
    Yeah usually I have no will power to keep on a diet so I never bother. What made me do that one (and I wouldn't say it was a proper diet cos I still had chips and stuff) was the fact that my mum started weight watchers at the same time, so I kinda helped her stick with it, and 2 of my friends did the same thing as me (we went to the gym together as well) because we wanted to look nice in our dresses for our 6th form xmas ball, so that was a bit of motivation for us. I've never been a really skinny person, but never really 'big' either, but through doing that I lost some weight and toned myself up a bit as well.

ReputationRep:
    some tips on dieting:

eat fish at least two to three times a week, cut out white bread/rice/flour and replace with wholemeal, don't eat biscuits - eat veges or if you like those snack-a-jack thingys (alternativly cardboard if you have none lol), no carbs after 6pm or whenever is 4 hours before your bed time, and excercise plenty - you should be out of breath for at least hal an hour in order to it to have even the smallest effect - I use the dance mats on the PS2, much fun.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Cut out as much excess sugar from your diet as you can! It works!
    Didn't for me.
    I gave up all sugar (apart from fruit, and obviously the sugars in things like bread) for Lent, and even making suure I didn't compensate with other foods, I still managed to gain 4 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    crash diet. dangerous but it works. i didnt eat lunch or breakfast for a lot of last term (unintentionally with the lunch though), ate what i wanted when i got home and have put on no weight aside what is normal for a growing 6"3' lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    crash diet. dangerous but it works. i didnt eat lunch or breakfast for a lot of last term (unintentionally with the lunch though), ate what i wanted when i got home and have put on no weight aside what is normal for a growing 6"3' lad
    But you're a bloke! Teenage boys never gain weight.
    And you're 6'3"? *swoon*

ReputationRep:
    But you're a bloke! Teenage boys never gain weight.
    And you're 6'3"? *swoon*
    yeh, i have a nippy metabolism but i play hackysack and unicycle, which (lads and ladies) are the two funnest ways to burn calories. exercise is what you need to couple with a good diet. play a little sport. get a little thinner. get down tonite. (repeat as required)

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i have a nippy metabolism but i play hackysack and unicycle, which (lads and ladies) are the two funnest ways to burn calories. exercise is what you need to couple with a good diet. play a little sport. get a little thinner. get down tonite. (repeat as required)
    I wish I could do sports, but I have a couple of medical conditions that make it virtually impossible to do anything but resistance training, which I do do.
    I can't run or walk anywhere longer than about 1/2 mile, and any sport on foot like tennis or football is out.
    I don't have the coordination for hackysack, but unicycling I could do.... my balance is abominable, though.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could do sports, but I have a couple of medical conditions that make it virtually impossible to do anything but resistance training, which I do do.
    I can't run or walk anywhere longer than about 1/2 mile, and any sport on foot like tennis or football is out.
    I don't have the coordination for hackysack, but unicycling I could do.... my balance is abominable, though.
    you need more coordination for unicylcling than you do hackysack give it a go! itll take a while to get going but when you do its so much fun and its like riding an exercise bike, really gd workout but not hugely tiring.

ReputationRep:
    you need more coordination for unicylcling than you do hackysack give it a go! itll take a while to get going but when you do its so much fun and its like riding an exercise bike, really gd workout but not hugely tiring.
    Got to find me a unicycle first!
    Flattered to be quoted in your sig, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Got to find me a unicycle first!
    Flattered to be quoted in your sig, by the way.
    ditto, cheers for the huzzah there. quite original

ReputationRep:
    the best way to lose weight is to skip meals. i havent had lunch for about 6 months now, and lost 2 stones you get used to the hunger, and it hasnt affected my health at all. i used to keep a bottle of sugary squash at work and if i did feel light-headed or hungry i'd just have a glass of it and i'd be back to normal. i just eat a load of fruit for breakfast and that releases pretty slowly through the day. not having lunch also means you can do more interesting htings with your lunch hour - like shopping or sleeping. if you skip means never chew gum in place of the meal cos it makes your tum hurt like hell cos the acid starts attacking the stomach-lining. water is good htough, specially if you eat through boredom - you can sip water instead. fasting is good to give your body a break from all the crap in it too, but it messes your skin up initially. i used to do 24 hours, then increased it to 48 hours. you barely notice you are hungry if you keep busy, just eat a little at a time when you break the fast.

weight loss tips from an anorexic relative of mine (maybe not the healthiest):
    -drink 1/2 a litre of diet coke before meals, then you wont feel hungry
    -divide your plate down the middle and just eat one side
    -chew every mouthfull 40 times (eugh, mush)
    and i wont say the rest as i think theyre too wierd.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.