Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well nevermind eh... i like being a skinny ***** than a fat cow... so i'll stick with my crash dieting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    What's your desired body weight, and why that number? That's a lot to lose by the end of the month, how do you intend to go about it?
    Its not that much, 2 pounds a week is what you should be aiming for really. How do I intend to do it, diet and exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Its not that much, 2 pounds a week is what you should be aiming for really. How do I intend to do it, diet and exercise?
    Ok, i mis-understood what you said. I thought you said you wanted to lose 8-10 pounds by the end of the month, which is less than 2 weeks as you know. So what's your desired weight and why?

ReputationRep:
    if you said you were into body building - dont watch your weight cos otherwise youll get pissed off when you dont lose any, when really you HAVE lost fat and put on muscle. on the scales it might say youve lost nothing, whereas really youve shifted a load of fat. at your gym do they measure body fat? monitor that instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Aye, I took a break off dieting for the Easter Holidays...no more sweets! Still long as I lose by 10kg by July 5th (taking me to 90kg) that will make me 'acceptable' in BMI - which I decided to use as a figure to aim for
    I think my BMI is 26 at the moment? Its not really accurate for me anymore due to muscle being about 3 times as dense as fat. Always go by the mirror not the numbers...my advice at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Still long as I lose by 10kg by July 5th (taking me to 90kg)
    90Kg? :eek:

How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Ok, i mis-understood what you said. I thought you said you wanted to lose 8-10 pounds by the end of the month, which is less than 2 weeks as you know. So what's your desired weight and why?
    Desired weight...13 stone? Why? To look good naked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    if you said you were into body building - dont watch your weight cos otherwise youll get pissed off when you dont lose any, when really you HAVE lost fat and put on muscle. on the scales it might say youve lost nothing, whereas really youve shifted a load of fat. at your gym do they measure body fat? monitor that instead.
    The gains in muscle wont equal the loss in fat, if Im eating and exercising properly I should be making gains on my lifts at the gym yet losing weight over the course of the month..bodyfat calipers tend to be pretty inaccurate and Im honestly not concerned with the numbers of things. Like I said, Ill keep going the way I am until I have the body I want when I look in the mirror..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    90Kg? :eek:

How tall are you?
    No need to look so shocked, I was 125kg!

I'm 6ft 1inch at last count, to have a 'perfect' BMI....*calculates* I would have to be 86kg. However, taking in to account the fact i've built muscle during my weight loss....going to 90k will make my BMI around 26, which is just above recommended *shrugs*.

Pretty easy for me to lose since I have 2months to do it in...also I expect to lose alot of weight while in Australia trekking!

Advice : Never get fat, its a ******* having to lose it!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)

I'm 6ft 1inch at last count, to have a 'perfect' BMI....*calculates* I would have to be 86kg. However, taking in to account the fact i've built muscle during my weight loss....going to 90k will make my BMI around 26, which is just above recommended *shrugs*.

Pretty easy for me to lose since I have 2months to do it in...also I expect to lose alot of weight while in Australia trekking!
    How much muscle do you reckon youve gained? What makes you think youve gained muscle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    How did you manage to get to that weight?

If anything i could quite easily put on 10kg and my BMI would still be normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    You are a silly narb, aren't you?!
    ??? You really don't realise how depressing it is when you look at yourself in the mirror when you are overweight/obsese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)

With all that exercise, you could probably eat quite a lot and still stay the same weight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    You are a silly narb, aren't you?!
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    How much muscle do you reckon youve gained? What makes you think youve gained muscle?
    No idea tbh mate, I just know I can lift a hell of a lot more than when I first started, and can see definition on my muscles/feel them....i guess that means I have gained muscle, I may be wrong though :/

Gary : Eating ****, not exercising, generally being a lazy fat *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    No idea tbh mate, I just know I can lift a hell of a lot more than when I first started, and can see definition on my muscles/feel them....i guess that means I have gained muscle, I may be wrong though :/

Gary : Eating ****, not exercising, generally being a lazy fat *******.
    What sort of gains have you made? I only ask as lots of cardiovascular exercise tends to destroy your muscle rather than build it.

ReputationRep:
    the best diet tip ever ever ever which really does work is to eat about 5-6 small meals a day with dinner being absolutely MINUTELY eensy weensy. By eating so often u won't ever get to feel hungry, just so long as the meal sizes are tiny, eg a small sandwich should be the biggest thing you eat at one sitting. It sounds boring but it is definately possible because ur stomach shrinks meaning u don't ever feel hungry despite tiny portions. Plus eating often means ur metabolism is constantly working. And its not unhealthy because u still get to eat everything nutritionally neccessary, just smaller amounts of it.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of gains have you made? I only ask as lots of cardiovascular exercise tends to destroy your muscle rather than build it.
    I'll drag out my programme from when I first started for you, when i'm next at gym. I did weight training work alongside cardio...and I don't do masses and masses more cardio realtive to weight training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I'll drag out my programme from when I first started for you, when i'm next at gym. I did weight training work alongside cardio...and I don't do masses and masses more cardio realtive to weight training.
    Just roughly? Were you doing all body parts, and compound movements?

ReputationRep:
    Just roughly? Were you doing all body parts, and compound movements?
    Don't understand the second question. Anyway, on the free weights, I can could previously bench press 30k, now its more like 50kg

On the leg press (machine) - I am now doing 90kg-100kg rather than the 60kg I started on.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.