The Student Room Group

Second bachelor degree VS Master Degree

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nunugab
Where are you getting your information from? Research in the pharmaceutical industry pays well. You can get jobs throughout Europe.

At the very least it's stagnating. Probably not as badly as the US market.
My two cents...

I would recommend continue with your business job for now and aim to get an MBA from one of these - http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2014.

And then you can choose to go in the Chemical / Linguistics industry with an MBA. I feel it will be much more rewarding as you will be in a management role and will be making decent salary.

On the other hand, if you decide to go and study Chemistry from scratch and realise after 8 years you are unable to find a decent paying job, the passion won't be enough to keep you going.
No offence but you don't sound very certain at the moment at all. I would do more research, in course content, job prospects, maybe connect with previous students who did each course at places which may interest you and go from there. I personally wouldn't do a PhD, unless I was 1) Paid to do it 2) HAD to do it. Just too much investment and not enough reward personally if you did it at this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending