Lessons you learned from DIsney films? Watch

iammeyouareyou
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just wondering if those films actually taught you anything as a child (or adult)
JayJay-C19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iammeyouareyou)
Just wondering if those films actually taught you anything as a child (or adult)
Kindness is rewarded with kindness.
universal_set
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iammeyouareyou)
Whatever happens. I will fall in love and live happily after
Darab_1496
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I was 12, just thinking about the lion king I basically understood the nitrogen cycle/transfer of energy in the food chain in a very basic way, by applying the 'circle of life" speech by mufasa to real life n that n trying to figure out what It meant, hadn't previously studied it just thought a lot lol.
Also learnt to not dwell too much on the past from the lion king lol
Just gotta keep going but not completely forget it, rather learn from it to build upon yourself

Lion king FTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parkleton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably that if something bad happens, its not the end of the world. There is always a resolution that will put you on the path that you want. Like in Disney films there is always something bad that happens but its always happy in the end - eg Bambi's mom dying, Elsa being outcast, Cinderella being a slave. Helps particularly through exam stress :')
SassQueen13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If a guy shows you his magic carpet he wants the P
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mulan/Frozen- Don't wait for a man
Snow White/ Rapunzel- Wait for a man

^ What to do? :rolleyes:

Edit: Okay seriously... I'd say the best Disney film I've watched is Mulan (a little biased as it's probably my favourite). She was incredibly courageous and as a young(er) child it made me think more.
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Frozen

YYou may find love with your partner but your family will always love you no matter what
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Beauty and the beast taught me to not judge a book by its cover, which I do more than I would like so I think now I judge less than I used too

Lion King taught me to face the things I've been hurt by, it's so much easier to just try and forget them but I think facing them has made me stronger as a person
Flowerpwr92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I've got a few:

The role given to you is not your role as a person. Be your own hero. (Wreck-it-Ralph)

Strength isn't defined by the might of your hand, but the might of your heart. (Frozen)

Life happens. Embrace it, live it. It's yours. (Bambi)

Wishing on stars is nice, but that star needs hardworking help. (The Princess and the Frog)

Fairy tales can happen, anywhere anytime. (Enchanted)

The worst insult a woman can receive is the one where she devalues herself. The best complement to her is one she gives herself. (Mulan)

Home is where you belong. Not where your from or where you think you should be. (Hercules)

Parents will never leave your life. And life never leaves your parents. (A Goofy Movie)

True beauty is within. (Beauty and the Beast)

Stand up for your dreams. (Tangled)

I may have more but those came like rapid fire. What brought up the idea?
moonriver96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you tell a lie, your nose grows longer.
Rosie786
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Pretty much this.
mrfletch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well Miramax was owned by Disney when Pulp Fiction came out so I guess I've learned not to go to snort heroin by mistake.
iammeyouareyou
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Flowerpwr92)
Well I've got a few:

The role given to you is not your role as a person. Be your own hero. (Wreck-it-Ralph)

Strength isn't defined by the might of your hand, but the might of your heart. (Frozen)

Life happens. Embrace it, live it. It's yours. (Bambi)

Wishing on stars is nice, but that star needs hardworking help. (The Princess and the Frog)

Fairy tales can happen, anywhere anytime. (Enchanted)

The worst insult a woman can receive is the one where she devalues herself. The best complement to her is one she gives herself. (Mulan)

Home is where you belong. Not where your from or where you think you should be. (Hercules)

Parents will never leave your life. And life never leaves your parents. (A Goofy Movie)

True beauty is within. (Beauty and the Beast)

Stand up for your dreams. (Tangled)

I may have more but those came like rapid fire. What brought up the idea?
Man, those cartoons were deep.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Confirmed the theory that trying deriving realities from stories that must end in a "good" way is a waste of time.
GenialGermanGent
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.
Jubz1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gotta look good to get anywhere in life
MsFahima
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"And They Lived Happily Ever After"

:rolleyes:
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When strangers are too nice and generous, they are almost, always up to something (Little Mermaid)

Never trust a perfect food (Snow White) - seriously, no apple could be that shiny... well, unless it was laden with chemicals or poisons.
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 5 years ago
These are interesting

Not sure about mine.. if any.
(Original post by Rosie786)

Pretty much this.
:rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads