The Student Room Group

Christmas holidays

Hi!
Well, my family is planning a skiing trip just before Christmas, but I would have to leave with them before the start of the official holidays- say 6 days earlier. I would like to know, if courses are usually busy and therefore it wouldn't be the wisest thing to leave early...or if it doesn't really matter and students leave early normally.
Thank you for any opinion you have on this!
Reply 1
Original post by Suzannecz
Hi!
Well, my family is planning a skiing trip just before Christmas, but I would have to leave with them before the start of the official holidays- say 6 days earlier. I would like to know, if courses are usually busy and therefore it wouldn't be the wisest thing to leave early...or if it doesn't really matter and students leave early normally.

Some students leave earlier but the wisest thing to do is a week or week and a half before you leave try to get hold off your lecturers and ask them what will the lectures that you will be missing be about. They often have all their lectures planned for the month so they can provide you with the print of their powerpoints and other resources so you have a look at it
Reply 2
Hi!

On my course the last week before Christmas is all revision "lectures" with no new content, so it's easy to go home a week or so early as long as you are confident with the content. However courses and universities vary so it might be different for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

It's not recommended. Some universities and courses have tests just before Christmas and I've always had deadlines that week.
Hi!

It's not recommended. Some universities and courses have tests just before Christmas and I've always had deadlines that week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending